Gogo Bar Drink Prices

Sarisin

I recently bought a liter an ahalf of Thai wiskey for 170 baht for my friends Bar. She uses it for lady drinks. LD at 95 baht a pop she gets alot of drinks out of that.

That's like 40 ld per bottle about the same as 5 baht per drink her cost...except I paid for it. :angel:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit NEP last night....What a great time..#1 would have to be the G-Spot...worst was by far the Titty Twister! had only a few bar girls and the place was DEAD! Had more fun later that night at Angels in Nana hotel.....drinks and bar fines seem the same, But girls are in need of money and they will beg for you to pay bar fines. Still the best party spot on earth!

95 Baht for a pepsi i find it way over priced and not justified. it's only justified if the majority of the girls are real lookers, which unfortunately in most cases they are not! Again shite service!

Yes it's expensive. Yes I do seek out places that are cheaper.

In the end they can charge what they want, but it always bothers me a little bit when 'all liquors cost the same' and 'all beers cost the same'. A Chang beer costs about 15 baht less to buy than a Heineken, so I would expect to see that price difference back in the drink price. (YES I'm more than willing to pay 95 or 100, god knows all the costs involved in this business. Purchase price of drinks is likely not even a major one).

Same thing for selling Thai liquor for the same price as Jack Daniels, etc. That's just silly. I sometimes actually prefer Sang Som, if not over Jack Daniels which is also kind of nice then definitely over horrible stuff like Johnny Walker.

I think I may have mentioned it before elsewhere, but I've kind of had it with NEP and to a lesser extent Cowboy. High prices are part of the reason as well. Equally important though is the attitude that they are somehow not charging not a lot of money, reflected in the level of service, expecting tips and expecting lady drinks. (not everywhere, fortunately)

Then again, I could just turn into a Sukhumvit bum who's in dire need of a pay raise. ;-)

KS is right that some Thai oriented places are more expensive, sometimes a lot more. Yet when you take a Thai person to Nana, he would definitely find it expensive because he would consider the services offered, the looks of the girls, the surroundings, etc. So for such a run down level, YES it's expensive.

Cheers,

Chanchao

As usual, good advice from the master.... :)

You know Jack when I was in school (shortly after the turn for the 5th century BC), we would likewise drink and drink before going to the dance or wherever.

First, it was Seagram's Seven and 7-up. Then, we graduated (?) to cheap wine such as Ripple, Bali Hai, or Boone's Farm. Finally, we ended up buying quart bottles of Schmidt's, Ortleib's, Piel's, or Ballantines fine lager beer ( these were rightly compared to panther piss).

This strategy often backfired just as you mentioned as it was barf-o-rama in the parking lot before entering the event. Nothing impressed the chickies more that a whiff of Eau De Vomit as you sidle up to them and ask them to dance.

Some had nose embulisms. :eek:

But, I will still follow your golden advice in the future and drink a case or so of Chang soda water before going out.

Now, just where did I put that catheter tube? :drunk:

I usually spend all morning cooking a few pounds of rice, then carry it around all day, so i don't have to pay for the rice at the steet stalls when i order a curry (saves me about 3 baht

each meal).

Just curious about "fiery jack": What's the deal with your fixation on chatting up and sleeping with

disgusting and ugly women? Most of your posts express your great fondness of this.

Hi!

I usually spend all morning cooking a few pounds of rice, then carry it around all day, so i don't have to pay for the rice at the steet stalls when i order a curry (saves me about 3 baht

each meal).

This is a great idea. Another good idea for people comming from western countries where you can drink the tap water is to bring as much water as you can carry. In this way one can avoid forking out the ridiculous sum of 10-15 baht for a bottle of water.

According to my very careful calculations I could, without changing my budget, stay 37.29 minutes longer on a 4 week tour if I saved this kind of money.

:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes::neener::neener::neener:

regards

ALHOLK

The drink prices may be slightly high by Thai standards but compared with here in the US they are not unreasonable.

At B100 for a bottle of beer that would be about $2.50, a price you could expect to pay at an average bar or restaurant here and without the entertainment.

I've been to strip clubs here that charge $5.75 for a beer and that's on top of a cover charge of $7.00. Also bars will charge higher drink prices when there is live music and usually have a cover charge of $2-$5.

So considering that I've never been to a go-go in Thailand that charged me a cover charge, the drinks cost about the same as an avg bar at home, and the entertainment is better than I could hope for at any strip club at home, I consider it a good value.

95 Baht soft drink. So be it. As long as I enjoy the environment it's okay cause this is what I pay for. Not just the drink.

My home bars in NEP serve soft drinks - yes I do this quite often for a change or in between hard drinks - in long glasses (10 oz.?) and with lime. Ask for no or little ice if you want.

So have a night out in NEP and check for places with soda 'long' drinks.

Chee... - burp - cheers.

Archived