Sangsip Coke 110 Baht at Temptations

KhunJack

I agree. The line has to be drawn sometime/somewhere. Problem is, too many idiots will continue to feed the greedy.

I about sh** in my pants when I got about 4 ounces of cola for 90 baht in a SC joint a short while ago. Tall glass with 80% ice. Maybe I'll start bringing in my own. Order one and refill from 7-11.

Well, it was just an idea. Never tried it nor seriously entertained the BYOB/BYOC bit. But anybody who is rippin' ya 90 baht for 4 oz of cola doesn't have any right to complain if somebody does their own refill. Of course, that won't keep them from causing a fuss. I suspect that if you buy some lady drinks, it might work out. Bar still gets money...and the girls are happy too.

The alternative seems to be keep chuggin' beer for the same price or go over to one of the Toy Bar chain for a cola where for "only" 40/60 baht, u get at least 6 ounces of cola.

110 baht seems to be the standard at NEP gogo's for any drink with alcohol in it! soda seems to be 95baht.

during the weekend in Pattaya i paid interestingly very different prices for Soda in the Gogo's; anything from 45baht to 110!!!

>during the weekend in Pattaya

Pattaya prices are great compared to BKK and also very varibiable I find at the moment. Ranging from 20B insane hour prices for customer spirits at Hooties Showgirls to 119B lady drinks in Pattayaland Soi2. Overall I like the 50B happy hour beer price average in Pattaya and think they should have in BKK - although they wont because they don't need to.

As for Temptations, it's a new manager isn't it(?) since they reopened and prices are too high for a very average bar indeed.

Cheers

I was in Temptations once, and once is enough. The prices suck. Tries TOO hard to look upscale, if you know what I mean. I'll take Cat House and Hog' Breath and Angel Witch any day.

The last time I looked Temptations was shut down for something or other.

I actually had a little fun in Temptations a couple of times. First, the welcome girls out front were not bad and joined me inside for a drink. Second, there were a couple of perky and not that ugly dancers on stage. And, last but not least, three words:"Nude Lesbian Show."

They had the show in a little balcony up above the bar in the back. After the show, the performers came out and continued to cavort with the customers and themselves.

However, my last visit to Temptations was abysmal. No show, no cute dancers or welcome girls. Like any bar, some nights it can be great, while other nights can be a real stinker. :(

I don't understand why a coke should be any cheaper than say a bottle of beer.

Since go-gos do not charge an entry the profits on the drinks are what pay for the entertainment. We all get the same entertainment!

Whether you drink a coke, a whiskey and coke or a bottle of Carlsberg. Should be same price, more for expensive imports.

The quantity is of course worthy of complaint, if you are getting a few oz splashed over some ice from a large bottle that has been sitting open for ages.

Archived