How AIS bills International calls from Thailand?

Palatkik

I had my outgoing international calls cut off from AIS because I hadn?t paid CAT 50baht for a bill I didn?t know I had. This doesn't get paid at AIS it seems. CAT says it will take a week to reactivate my hand phone now I have paid them!

Anyone know how the billing works here? AIS don?t send me a bill AFAIK They just charge for domestic calls and Int Roaming. But should I expect a bill from CAT..maybe got lost in post?

Cheers,

If an old bill for intl. calls has to be settled you have to go to one of the designated post offices. But please keep in mind that not all post offices can accept payments for intl. calls. Btw you don't need to show them the bill. All you should do, write down your mobile phone number and give it to the officer who collects the money. He'll give you a print-out of your payment as receipt.

In addition to your "normal" statement, for IR (int'l roaming) calls, you will get:

1. International Roaming Statement/Tax Invoice from AIS ... and paid to AIS.

2. A SEPARATE CAT (Communication Authority of Thailand) invoice for the long-distance calls. I normally pay this at the Post Office .. or can be paid at CAT office. I went as long as three months without paying this before .... and got a collection letter. :grinyes:

Hi,

Unfortunatley I suffered from the same problem a month or so back, it was due to an outstanding CAT Bill that had not been delivered. I was still able to recieve International Roaming and make Local Calls in the Third Country I was in at the time, Just unable to make Long Distance calls (International) from the third country.

As in your case, mine was a matter of a few Baht (less than 500 as I recall), and my service was restored within 2 hours when the error of their ways was pointed out to them.

Much as I like to malign Shin Corporation, in this case this is not one of their errors, damn CAT

>2. A SEPARATE CAT

Thanks guys for help. So it seems there is a separate CAT invoice (mine must have been lost) to let you know there is another bill to pay as well as AIS.

Perhaps one day AIS could just pay CAT and we pay AIS and we'd have things easier? Nah!

Cheers,

Archived