Butterfly - good or bad in Thai?

think_too_mut

Did this punter diddle her for 2 hours for only a 420 baht tip. If he was just sitting there chatting with her, and watching her dance, then big deal. That is sure a lot better then her having to sit there and make no money at all. Where was she going to go? She could have pushed the barfine if she wanted to. Hopefully she learned from her ungracious mistake. The only thing she would have gotten out of a barfine would be towards her quota. Personally IMO I don't think most bargirls care about the drink and barfine quota. I offered a few girls to buy their quota in drinks, and not one of them said ok. They all told me don't worry about it, no problem, Mai Pen Rai. The 3-4 that I offered this to aren't exactly all bargirls.

Z

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would mean she had been working bar for her love for sucking guts of the strangers, not for money.

[color:"blue"]

Don't understand this logic .... ::

As you've stated previously, there're many ways to make money. Some ways are more honesty than others, some people are more appreciative than others.

[/color]

Its pretzel logic. but makes sense if the girl in question is your girl.

If the girl was working because she loved sex with strangers, than taking her out of the scene becomes a higher risk venture.

The girl with the money angle is easier to get a handle on (and easier for us not so liberated farang to comprehend) .

Your definition of a farang butterfly as "irresistable, has charm, for any reason can't settle with one woman, etc...", needs to be expanded.

If you simply look at other woman while with your girl, you might get the dreaded brand.

With my girl, going to the go go and me checking the ladies on stage was no problem before.

Now that things have gone a little serious, this last trip she gave me hell for doing the same as before - just looking at the girls. "YOU FUCKING BUTTERFLY." :nono:

>Your definition of a farang butterfly as "irresistable, has charm, for any reason can't settle with one woman, etc...", needs to be expanded.

No, that was a definition of a farang butterfly in farangland, at home. Used it to make stronger contrast to what followed after that.

>With my girl, going to the go go and me checking the ladies on stage was no problem before.

Now that things have gone a little serious, this last trip she gave me hell for doing the same as before - just looking at the girls. "YOU FUCKING BUTTERFLY."

I'm not even trying to do that. Would expect the same to happen.

Again, your example is one more confirmation of my theory that "butterfly" is a derogatory term in Thai.

>Unitl the farang with more money comes along.

Had to edit my post. I should have said - if u knew all that, would u have ever read any friendship in bgs' behavior?

There might be some - with a prospective provider or a possible husband.

Ocassional drop in and chat - bullshit.

And, what is "more money" to them? They have no idea what we earn and how we do it. Lavishing money around while on holidays is not a reliable guidance. True, less for us, more for them.

know what you mean in terms of 'just looking' in the bars with your tiruk. then it's time to turn the relationship into a 'friendship' where butterflying is allowed & giving another girl the 'look' is the expected.

I actually surpriced myself in giving shite about butterflying when with my 'friend' as she ended up seeing me shag a gogo girl & she took it surpricingly 'calm' as opposed to when we previously was more than 'friend' a week prior to that where she slapped me for giving a girl in nep the 'look' :eek:

"Why him sit two hours with her and not take her?"

Who else would take her, no people in the bar?

"Him has to take her! For what him sit in bar when she working?!".

I can see it from the bg's perspective. She is there to find someone to bar fine her. If you waste her time, it's not surprising if she is a little pissed off.

If I think I'm not going to bar fine them, (i.e., they fail the interview), I try to tactfully let them know that I've got other plans as soon as possible after I've come to that decision, so they can move on to better prospects if they want to. I basically think it's kind of rude to waste too much of their time once you have decided your not taking them out of there. If they still want to hang out with you after you've indicated you're going to be leaving alone, or looking for someone else . . . , that's different and they have no right to be pissed off.

Archived