Butterfly - good or bad in Thai?

think_too_mut

Some of us love to say "I am a big butterfly", "they know I am a big butterfly"...

In the Farangland, the butterfly (my own definition) is a man who's is irresistable, has charm, for any reason can't settle with one woman, has ability to talk up any woman he likes and it goes on after that. No pay for play. Resources could be available but that's not the primary point.

What do we do in Thai? We call ourselves "butterflies" while we are paying for human (female) attention. Any attention.

Long introduction, but this is what I want to say:

Thai BGs look down upon us the way we would not like to believe.

They are the bottom of the barrel in Thai society. There is one level below: the butterflies, that's us.

A farang punter is close to a domestic animal, who is meant to be it. A farang discoverd by a bg is just another addition to her stable.

Why is there a problem when someone barfines a girl from the same bar or from another bar and gets seen/cought?

It's like a domestic animal wandering around into someboy's backyard or estate, where it can be taken an advantage of. For example, milked out.

Telling a bg and her friends - I am a butterfly, helps, just because one becomes a new part of the same live stock.

Recent conversation with a former bg (she has 2 bfs, thinking which side to turn to) gives me some support:

Why don't you settle with that man, he's nice, only 4 yrs older than you, from one of most desirable countries on the planet, great job, great looks, good money?

"Him animal. Butterfly. Him does not know what he wants. Just goes around and sniffs...it does not think".

A "butterfly" etiquete is rather derogatory than anything.

Harsh? That's what it is, IMO.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi TTM,

I admit to them I am a big butterfly, not to gain merit from them, or elevate my status. I do so as to set the ground rules with them. Most are looking for someone to take care of them on a long-time basis. Telling them up front, simply sets the ground rules, and what they can expect out of me, and what not to expect.

Of course they don't look well on the fact. Nor do I look well on the fact they are butterflies. Would be great for a girl to wait until you come back 6 months later for another 2 weeks, without taking other customers. That is not reality. Nor is the fact I will always be with only the same girl every visit.

No need to sugar coat it. Of course girl in your example does not want a whoremonger, for a husband. Conversly, I don't want a prostitute for a wife, either. Thailand P4P scene is largly not about long-term, lifetime monogomous relationships, although they do occur occationaly. For every couple (or 3-4 some ::) having sex in BKK tonight, how many do you think will end up as man and wife?

Being up front and honest from the beginning is a good thing. They may not look well on the fact, but they do appriciate your honesty, and know you are not bullshitting them. Telling them up front just cuts out a lot of the game-playing, and tells you right away if she wants to be with you because she just does, or because she is after a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

HT

>as penance you have to go twice each to NEP and SC and stay there 4 hours without barfining!

On rare ocassions, I do that. Call me a pervert but the sole purpose of the visit is to watch farang customers and what they do, not the girls.

The last one I remember was - a farang left the bar after talking and having fun with a girl. She came to where we were sitting and said "Fuckin' idiot. Look - 2 hours sitting with him (with dance turns) - this is all I've got - 420 bahts tip! Now him go barfine somewhere else!".

Then we read reports here about "a good friend in a bar, always happy when I come to talk to her and leave a tip".

Says think_too_mut:

A "butterfly" etiquete is rather derogatory than anything.

Harsh? That's what it is, IMO.

Well I am a big butterfly in the Thai sense and I am also one in the Farang world definition that you provide(in the States we call that a "playa/player/dog").

I tell a BG I'm a butterfly because it is easier than saying "I will fuck you tonight and the rest of your friends will most assuredly get fucked by me later, so don't give me any problems okay?".

Personally, I can give a shit about what "perceived" status a BG regards me. I am not Thai. The formula is simple cash for ass. As long as I get the pretense and demonstration of respect I can care less about the sincerity. Fortunately, I have not been involved with a BG who is not sincere or open in her dealings with me. Every one I have encountered has generally been very straight with miniscule amounts of bullshit because I let it be known I don't tolerate large amounts of bullshit. BG's are also very perceptive as to who can be played like a sucker and who can't.

The same applies to women in Farang land. I don't take no shit from any woman BG or non. I play by my rules and if they don't like it they can kiss my ass. Too many women out there(BG and non) to be involved with instead of being made an ass out of by one.

JJ-The Butterfly-Sushi

>Personally, I can give a shit about what "perceived" status a BG regards me. I am not Thai. The formula is simple cash for ass.

That's cool, I don't think anyone should care about their perception.

The confusion starts when one boasts the title of a butterfly given by the bgs as a recognition of exceptional abilities. That's where one cares about the perception and I am just saying that's not what they (bgs) meant.

Archived