Butterfly - good or bad in Thai?

think_too_mut

Says think_too_mut:

The confusion starts when one boasts the title of a butterfly given by the bgs as a recognition of exceptional abilities. That's where one cares about the perception and I am just saying that's not what they (bgs) meant.

now to that i can agree. also in the business i am in, we basically prefer loyal customers and do not appreciate those, who bought yesterday from us, today from competitor A and tomorrow from competitor B. that's the same with the BG, they prefer loyal customers.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"The last one I remember was - a farang left the bar after talking and having fun with a girl. She came to where we were sitting and said "Fuckin' idiot. Look - 2 hours sitting with him (with dance turns) - this is all I've got - 420 bahts tip! Now him go barfine somewhere else!"."

Sounds like she should have shown a bit more initiative then. I find it very harsh that she blames the farang. He likely did not insist that she spend the 2 hours with him, and a 420 Baht tip is quite generous I would say.

"Then we read reports here about "a good friend in a bar, always happy when I come to talk to her and leave a tip"."

And why can't this happen? I find the reaction of the aforementioned girl rather ungrateful. Here's a guy spending some time with her, releaving her boredom, even leaves her a quite decent tip and all she can do is curse him? Nice girl.

(Yes, there are always two sides to a story)

Sanuk!

> I find the reaction of the aforementioned girl rather ungrateful. Here's a guy spending some time with her, releaving her boredom, even leaves her a quite decent tip and all she can do is curse him?

The bar was almost empty that evening. Maybe 10 customers and 60 girls.

She was one of few lucky ones to get anything that night. She had encounters with the guy previously.

We talked about that before - bar fines rule the bar world. Whether the guy left home to sleep (he may well did), her stand was - he's going to bf and pay someobody else somewhere else that night, not her.

In short, she got less than a bf and less than a full pay for the night and was not happy about that. She did not care many others got nothing - not even a drink. Chief waitress and 2 girls around all thought she was right.

Hi,

"bar fines rule the bar world"

Then she should have moved on to another customer who would pay the barfine.

The way I see it she should be grateful that she at least made some money.

"In short, she got less than a bf and less than a full pay for the night and was not happy about that."

Well, though luck. I still think she was being ungrateful.

Sanuk!

>The way I see it she should be grateful that she at least made some money.

That's my thinking as well. After two bgs and a waitress took her side, I asked my gf what did she think. She was on her side as well:

"Why him sit two hours with her and not take her?"

Who else would take her, no people in the bar?

"Him has to take her! For what him sit in bar when she working?!".

That beats me...must be that cultural difference between Thais and us.

>Why do you think all BGs are same-same? There is a wide range.

They all come there for one thing - money - (let's abstract total beginners) and if they don't get enough or more of it - they are simply not happy.

In that regard they are almost a monolitic pool. How they get it - be nice, rude, drunk, drugged, lie, steal, provide exceptional service, fall asleep, refuse sex...that is where they differ.

That girl was melting in the hands of the guy, all smiles...until he left. From what was seen while he was there, it could be him asking me what you just did, rightfully.

[color:"green"] They all come there for one thing - money - (let's abstract total beginners) and if they don't get enough or more of it - they are simply not happy. [/color]

I would be more concerned about your TG agreeing with this hardcore BG attitude. :o

You gave one example. I will give you two counter examples.

One stunner, (both farang and Thai are stunned. ::), I barfined several times. She was always happy to see me and go with me even though I gave her half or less than other punters gave her. She definitely had her choice of customers.

Another BG, a 9, always comes over to sit with me when I visit her bar which I have done numerous times. I have never barfined her and only buy her ONE LD. But she is always happy to see me and sits with me as long as I am in the bar.

In both these cases the girls have worked bar for over a year (not newbies). Not all BGs same-same.

Archived