Iron-clad rules about how normal Thai girls bahave

voodoo31

Thar's what the GF thought too. Either the girls worked for GT's, or they were looking for farang boyfriends. Not freelancing. When we went to Nana disco (gees I regret that idea), she thought the girls worked there too. Same with soi7 beer garden. When we hit Grace late one night, she thought we'd entered the Twilight Zone.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both dont like Thai men and didnt know how they could meet farang.

Even the NTG's will tell you what they think you may want to hear. Alot of women of all shades are full of shit and they they are so underestimated by men.

To answer your question there are no hard fast rules about Thai women behavior. Times change and cultures evolve.

I think some guys think that every NTG/GTG should be a virgin until married. Some here think the White-skinned, statuesque,virgin, Chula grad with a wealthy family is the Holy Grail of Thai women. Just goes to show you how shallow some people are and how they have not changed their social climbing Western ways, even though they claim to dislike the Western lifestyle.

There is one group that does fall in between, and in my office they are sometimes referred to as "Farang Hunters." I don't think these girls would visit Gullivers (at least I have never seen any), but they might go to places and functions that are likely to draw farangs, such as the Hard Rock, the upscale bars at the Conrad, Q-Bar, etc. And some of these girls spend a great deal of time on the internet on what I guess are dating sites (I am not exactly sure how these work, but when I walk by I notice that their screens quickly change from something that doesn't look work-related to, say, an Excel spreadsheet.)

I doubt that any of these girls are looking for short time fun. Rather, they are looking for a serious relationship with a Farang, who is presumably wealthy and not hindered by the social conventions that might make such girls unacceptable marriage material for the type of Thai man that they would otherwise want to marry (remember, the class system here is strong.) Now do you really want to date such a girl?? She might seem Westernized on the outside, but there are substantial costs involved in terms of commitments, miscommunications and, IHMO, often unrealistic expectations. Yes, there are GTGs that want to meet Western men.

?She might seem Westernized on the outside?,

Exactly. perception & reality are strangers. irrespective of social status the tribal thing raises its head. sooner or later they?re going to revert & waste your investment. got to weed them out.

Guest lazyphil

<<True my wife had no idea about the bars in PP/nana/Sc

She was amazed but did enjoy our time in the bars (talking to the girls) a real eye opener>>

All over the city you see small Thai style karaoke bars with girls sitting out on stools in silky dressing gowns and the like. Unless a tg's lived in a cave all of her life I really doubt a NTG is really that shocked. After all a poster here often tells us Thais are growing up on a diet of german sausages (yummy yummy :up:) and western mass media which I assume includes Hollywood movies that show such things as nudity and prostitution :grinyes:

>>>>The answer, I think, is more than we suspect and its growing all the time. There are a number of NTGs who, for whatever reason, decide that they want a farang b/f. Maybe they are divorced. Or want a "rich" b/f. Or want to move to Europe, Australia, etc. Whatever.<<<<<<

IMO, you're describing a large percentage of TG's that becaome BG's.

>>>The thing which makes me doubt the TG's are there only for fun, is the absence of Thai guys.<<<

Thsi IMO is an excellent point. Another one would be to see if the TG's in GT are alone, or in a group. NTG's will not go out alone to a bar, unless they're there for a specific reason.

The so-called NTG's you meet in GT or Nana Disco may be ex BG's, now married to a farang and being too much used to the farang scene to return to the Thai scene. When the husband is not in town, where to go but places like GT (if they don't want to return to PP, NP SC etc.)

IMO NBG's don't like to be seen in places where the customers are mostly farang men and Thai women. It immediately puts a stigma on them, no matter what reason they visited such a place.

I know a TG (student) who was once taken to Nana Disco by a neighbour. She'd never been there before, but after this one time, I (or anyone else) couldn't drag her out there again.

I know a TG (student) who was once taken to Nana Disco by a neighbour. She'd never been there before, but after this one time, I (or anyone else) couldn't drag her out there again.

--------------------------------------

If i remember well, you told us you would never drag yourself out to the lower Suk hang-outs. Why would you take a TG there, then? ::

Archived