Iron-clad rules about how normal Thai girls bahave

voodoo31

"IMO, you're describing a large percentage of TG's that become BG's."

True, except that a lot of these girls have a good education and a good job. I have met a number of them - engineers, nurses, commercial managers, university students, tour guides, etc. Some just find it interesting to meet farang guys - they really do think we are all "handsum men," and perhaps practice their English. Others, the majority I suspect, do want a long term relationship and the benefits that come with marriage or committment to a farang. Some, culture aside, just plain like sex - nothing wrong with that.

But you are right. Those without a good education or good job prospects may drift into the bar girl scene.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just a manner of speaking. I've never been tot the Nana disco and no plans to go there either. however, I did once ask if she'd like to go and she responded - quite offended - NO WAY

Concerning non-prostittutes not wanting to be seen on lower Suk. I think that is rubbish in many cases(yes there are those that are worrywarts and care about image)

Well just last night I took a GTG friend of mine and her younger sister to Gullivers for a quick drink and pool and then we went to Bed to listen to Hip Hop music (couldn't dance because the place was unbelieveably fucking crowded!!).

Now my friend was educated in the USA so maybe she doesn't fit the norm of a NTG/GTG but her sister is a local University student in BKK and their family is fairly wealthy. They had a great time in both places and did not seem out of sorts asking when were we going to go again. I don't have a romantic involvement with either one and the youngest has a Thai boyfriend.

Like I said times are a changing and societies evolve.

I agree with JJ and the other guys who say that all "GTGs" don't avoid lower Suk.

Sure they avoid the specific bars, but there is plenty of stuff to do along lower Suk that doesn't involve the scene.

I have plenty of friends who frequent Q-bar, Bed, Mos etc. and they don't think twice about the stigma of being on lower Suk. There are also plenty of higher end restaurants in the area as well.

Even Gullivers. I have been with several groups of professional (office) Thais there. Sure they notice the Bgs, but thye aren't worried about being cofused for a BG, or at least don't mention it.

I think many former or reformed BGs have a stricter code of avoiding general nightlife areas than Thais who have never been in the scene.

Also I have a good handful of Thai coworkers who live in the lower suk areas.

That said, I don't deny that at night many Thai girls don't like to get off the skytrain at Nana. But if they drive or take a Taxi to lower Suk, no problem.

Just my experiences and observations.

That also reminds me of the number of minor male and female Thai celebrities you will see eat at the Landmark after 2am. I don't know who they are personally but many a NBG and BG have pointed them out to me as we are sitting in the restaurant eating. Think about it you can't get no closer to Nanaplaza than the Landmark hotel except for the Nana hotel.

Indeed, its an awful long way back from the Emporium of Ploenchit is you live/work around Asoke.

IMO it's nonsence that Non-BG don't want to get off at those 3 stations. However being in the presence of a falang in most parts of lower Sukhumvit does put a stigma on a TG's head.

Thsi is not the case if the TG (with or without a farang) arrives at a place like BED of MOS with a car.

Bis difficult though to go by car to GT. A TG walking in soi with a farang is considered a BG (or FL'er) by most if not all Thais, and lets face it, in most cases this is correct.

A TG walking in soi with a farang is considered a BG (or FL'er) by most if not all Thais, and lets face it, in most cases this is correct.

---------------------------------------------

By farangs too, most likely. Incidentally, i don't know why it should matter what thais consider or not, expecially as we speak about passers-by.

>>>>By farangs too, most likely<<< True

>>> Incidentally, i don't know why it should matter what thais consider or not, expecially as we speak about passers-by.<<<

They don't only consider but often make rude remarks to the TG, and I do think that matters to them, especially if you hear a remark every 2 meters or so.

A comparison to Amsterdam. If a woman sits behind a window - curtain open - in a certain area of this city, she's be seen by all as a prostitute. A woman who's not a prostitute will therefore never sit like this in this particular area.

TG's (all girls) that are not prostitutes do not want to considered as such by anyone.

Not my opinion, just stating the facts here.

So why would a non prostitute visit a place that is frequented by prostitutes.

I've been to GT twice. Looking at the Tg's in there playing pool I would consider all of them to be on the P4P game.

Perhaps 1 wasn't, who knows, but even then, the fact that that 1 was playing pool amongst all the others makes me consider her as one of them.

Perhaps I generalize too much, but we all do, and that's the reason why I do not see so called GTG's to venture on their own to places that cater to farang and TG's (non-Thai men places so to speak), unless she has some non-GTG's intentions.

I was actually following your point that the TG seen with a farang was most likely a BG, not a NTG.

But given the numbers of such couples around lower Suk, thais commenting loud are sure to give themselves a soar throat ::!

If i was to see that my GF was embarassed by a comment made in her presence, I'd have no problem to walk back up to the thai in question and ask him/her what's his/her problem. in thai "Pen arai? (no krap this time)" i think.

Still working on your Thai??? Just kidding

"Mee Arai" or "Mee Panha Arai" is more effective.

PS: Welcome to move it to the language section if you wish.

Archived