Iron-clad rules about how normal Thai girls bahave

voodoo31

Actually I do and did deny what you are saying.

Read my other posts. They are clear as to my point, my stance and my experience.

I can draw, but I don't think even that could help you understand at this point.

I am not talking about going and picking up women, going to gogo bars or whatnot, so I don't see the need to get the opinions of online Thai people. I am talking about groups of friends going up to have fun and I am talking about people I know, am friends with, or work with.

[color:"red"] Do they like it, is it at the top of the outing places list as it is for us? [/color]

Depends on who you ask. Suk isn't at the very top of my list either, but it is for some of my friends who enjoy MOS and BED.

In fact there was an article in Sunday's BKK Post that is about the club scene and event organisers who do their own events.

On event, Noise Pop, an alternative music group are hiring out Paradise Disco for their next event. It will be well attended by many college students and young Thais.

I'm sure they won't all leave feeling soiled and unpresentable to their peers and families.

It is all situational and I reiterate for the final that many Thais do not avoid lower Suk becasue of its reputation.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] Is it possible you have never met this type of girl? There is a group of girls who just don't go out to pubs, discos, sleep by 10pm, etc.

[/color]

No, I know what you are saying and the type of person you are talking about. I know people who are like that here.

I guess I just don't consider that type of behaviour as the only determination of a good person.

But by your description, that same person (like the ones I know) would avoid any nightspot, regardless of where it is.

They are "good" so don't go out. Actually, they probably just don't like going out, or in many cases they want to but parents or family won't let them, or they are too busy with work/school/family life to go out.

[color:"red"]is it possible that your world and their world would never cross or give any reasons to be in the same vsocial enue [/color]

I hope this wasn't a personal slam of some type. In my work I come across a wide cross section of Thai society, so I do meet them. I just don't choose to label them.

And knowing them and going out are different, and quite honestly many of them I would not want to spend time outside of work with, as I am sure for various reasons they wouldn't enjoy spending time with me.

I am sure there are people who specifically won't go to Sukumvit, but it is by no means a "iron-clad rule about normal Thai girls" which this thread is about.

>Actually I do and did deny what you are saying.

Read my other posts. They are clear as to my point, my stance and my experience.

Will read all your posts as soon as I am done with my knitting (Thanks Brink for the phrase).

May even print them and read again before sleeping, such a masterpiece.

But this fuckin knitting for my grandma and surfing in cold waters this afternoon just distructed me.

Do you think ocean waters should ever be cooler than 19C? I don't. You know, that may give u a "surfer's ear". Not very nice. And then, knitting again. Do you love the smell of napalm in the morning?

>I can draw, but I don't think even that could help you understand at this point.

True. Unless it is in color, I am helpless. I love colorfull denial of my beliefs.

>I am not talking about going and picking up women, going to gogo bars or whatnot, so I don't see the need to get the opinions of online Thai people. I am talking about groups of friends going up to have fun and I am talking about people I know, am friends with, or work with.

You can talk anything you want, welcome to say what you want.

As we are not selling anything to each other, stick to your truth, I'll stick to mine.

Peace brother.

Says jjsushi:

Concerning non-prostittutes not wanting to be seen on lower Suk. I think that is rubbish in many cases(yes there are those that are worrywarts and care about image)

Well just last night I took a GTG friend of mine and her younger sister to Gullivers for a quick drink and pool and then we went to Bed to listen to Hip Hop music (couldn't dance because the place was unbelieveably fucking crowded!!).

Now my friend was educated in the USA so maybe she doesn't fit the norm of a NTG/GTG but her sister is a local University student in BKK and their family is fairly wealthy. They had a great time in both places and did not seem out of sorts asking when were we going to go again. I don't have a romantic involvement with either one and the youngest has a Thai boyfriend.

I was at BED on Tuesday too for hip-hop night... It's amazing how crowded it got. I and a 'GTG' went for dinner and then moved over to the bar section at around 10pm. 2hrs later and the place was PACKED. We left at around 12:30am and had to literally push through a line of people extending almost all the way down the ramp.

I agree with you (perhaps a first! ::) about non-prostitutes not wanting to be seen on lower Suk. I've encountered such a thing- and many GTGs I know are curious about the nightlife areas, and don't give a crap about being perceived as a prostiture- especially from just being *near* a nightlife area.

In regards to the first poster and Gullivers, no reason why a GTG would be necessarily freaked out if invited there. It's not a known nightspot and is fairly presentable. I do recognize many of the chicks playing pool as long-term area freelancers, though.

In all my time of living here I've *never* seen anything close to a GTG in Nana Disco. Once, about 3 years ago, I ran into a group of (very attractive) girls who very much looked and acted out of place. They were brought there by a farang and stayed all off in the corner in defensive formation. I managed to talk to them when they went to dance and found out that they were Bangkok University students. Course that doesn't mean they were GTGs but they weren't Nana freelancers.

The story on this thread about having been 'taken to the disco by a friend' or going 'just to look' is on par with 'sick buffalo' on the list of BG/freelancer tall stories. For a laugh I played along with one of these girls one night and sure enough, despite having 'just gone to look', she wanted to go back to my apartment to 'talk' after the place shut. She wasn't a super stunner but the whole role playing deal intrigued me so I invited her over specifically to talk and have a drink. Then she was sleepy and wanted to crash at my place... ok fine. Unfortunately, she told me that she had a secret- she was friends with a girl I had pulled back before. So she knew that I knew what the game was all about. A bit of a shame as I was really curious to see what excuse she was going to have the next AM when she was inevitably going to ask for money. A 1500-baht taxi ride to Korat, perhaps? =)

Cheers!

Archived