Iron-clad rules about how normal Thai girls bahave

voodoo31

Even former bgs refuse to get off the sky train at Asok, Nana, Sala Daeng.

-----------------------------

That's an awful lot of stations to avoid. Down the sois off the lowr suk, are as much residential quarters as anywhere in BKK. That would mean a lot of TG would refuse to go home,, for fear of walking thru streets of ill-repute. Weird. I am not an expert SkyT rider, but hell if i have not seen some perfectly normal-looking 9 to 5 dressed women exiting these stations. Time to wear glasses?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moreover, since the reputation of lower Suk has preceded the Skytrain by a good 15 years, does it mean that these stations, following your logic, have been built to accomodate tourist and Bgs. thank you, BKK transit authorities. And FlyW telling us thais rarely acknowledge farangs... ::... ::

Guest lazyphil

<<Moreover, since the reputation of lower Suk has preceded the Skytrain by a good 15 years, does it mean that these stations, following your logic, have been built to accomodate tourist and Bgs. thank you, BKK transit authorities. And FlyW telling us thais rarely acknowledge farangs...>>

This is a good point...T_T_M, P127 has made a good point yes? :neener:

>Down the sois off the lowr suk, are as much residential quarters as anywhere in BKK. That would mean a lot of TG would refuse to go home,, for fear of walking thru streets of ill-repute. Weird. I am not an expert SkyT rider, but hell if i have not seen some perfectly normal-looking 9 to 5 dressed women exiting these stations. Time to wear glasses?

Of course, I know that.

But, it's hard to explain to someone who's being hounded by "Peter1964" avatar ghosts that it's over, not to worry any more...

Well anything is possible but it is still unlikely INHO that most Thai girls would seek to walk through that area alone.

But the norm IS changing :to wit: the fine looking 19 year old neice of a Thai buddy wanted the Farang experience once. I told him she was flirting with me- He said she already have boy friend-break up now -no problem- mai boorisoot -mai mee phan hah- Cheem noi dai na krap We went at it twice and it was unbelievable.Kwamlap...

Nothing is set in stone but there are some general patterns and cultural ways

By the way I went to GT last night with an out of towner and MOST of the girls looked hard as nails to me.. but thats just my view... ::

Hi,

"Time to wear glasses?"

Or to take them off? My experience is the same as TTM's, and I too think that many Thai girls do not want to be seen in this area. This includes my wife, and pretty much all of her friends. The girls in the office expressed the same as well.

The fact that you see "some perfectly normal-looking 9 to 5 dressed women exiting these stations" does not mean that TTM is wrong.

Sanuk!

The fact that you see "some perfectly normal-looking 9 to 5 dressed women exiting these stations" does not mean that TTM is wrong.

----------------------------

Neither one of us is. I can see some women may be self-conscious about exiting Nana station, still one needs to go home and some do exit these stations.

I will go your way, though, I have noticed many times that, riding the ST, my Gf does not exactly stand next to me. So, i speak from afar to her... Naaa, I don't!

Voodoo -

I think you opened up a good discussion thread here.

My first thought when reading your initial post was to remenber a little saying from my Army Infantry days - "When you 'secure" a piece of terrain, don't forget to tell the enemy...."

i.e. - Whatever the hell you think from your perspective, the other side of the equation may not be playing along - because they have no commitment to consistency in relation to a "rule" that is unknown to them.

In just the seven years that I have been sanuking here (three as a permanent resident), I have noticed a steady convergence toward the center. When I fist started coming here, I don't think too many "good girls" would even consider getting a tattoo, or a body piercing. A few years ago, that would have clearly marked a girl as a tramp. Not so, any more.

Next thought - every "bad girl" first walked into the scene as a "good girl" about to retire from that category. Did 100% of all noviates end up proceeding with descent into "bad girldom"? I doubt it. And - once they have "boken trail" in farang quarters of town, and then gone back to "good girl land" without being tarred and feathered - I think that some of them realize that it is not a one way trip.

Next - there are quite a few situations where daughter #1 works on her back in a farang ghetto to help put one of her sisters through college. College sister and her friends may visit "bad girl" sister - probably daytimes - wherever she lives - including lower Sukhumvit.

What is absolutely true is that it is very demeaning to a respectable girl to be seen in the company of a farang in any place frequented by freelancers. Among other things (particularly if they are attractive), they start getting learing looks from unattached men, and bold "once-over" looks by competing bargirls. Not very pleasant for a respectable lady.

But - a gaggle of good girls can go to a place like Gullivers, or Cabbages & Condoms, or "The Bed", or Q-Bar, or Riva's, or Hard Rock Cafe, or Ministry of Sound - or to Khao San Road - to celebrate a birthday, or graduation, or whatever - and as long as they stick together, it is seen as pretty normal. Flirting lightly with farangs is OK - walking away with one is definitely NOT OK.

Finally - most farang who hang out in sanuk quarters are really not very good mate material. I'm certainly no shining example of marital stability (don't ask me how many times I've been married). Maybe us "tainted" farang are good for a laugh, or for a nice fling with someone who has money to burn, or as a way to simply get out of Thailand. But - we make lousy targets for a good Thai girl looking for a good farang man. There are exceptions, but as a general rule, all us guys who hang out here looking for the proverbial "good Thia girl" are- hate to say it so bluntly - losers or near-losers who would be pretty unremarkable/unmemorable/ unattractive back where we come from.

With all the above said, I would have to concede that most good Thia girls probably draw a subconsious (or maybe conscious) line that says: Going "bai tio" on Soi 24 and East is OK, and Soi Langsuan (or maybe even Soi Ruan Rudee) and West is OK, but stay away from the area in-between, for just exploring and "hanging out."

My two satang.

Be alert - Bangkok needs more lerts.

Stone Soup

I am not sure about intentionally avoiding sky stations especially if they have a purpose like work or meeting a friend in these areas. Now going to areas for no specific purpose or being alone at night is something you won't find GTGs doing there.

In my post in gulliver's, i spelled out my subjective definitions (take a look)......

To me, a GTG is a significant but growing smaller sub-category of non-BGs. Most non-BGs though are not GTGs.

But when trying to come up with a name opposite BGs, people seemed to attach on to the label "GTG" to represent the morality opposite of BGs (as they represent the "bad" in morality terms). I think these were erroneous assumptions that has lead to so much confusion and unneeded bickering back and forth on this board.

The whole problem rested in our insistence in judging these girls in morality terms. It is silly to say and actually incorrect to say BGs represent as it is to say Non-Bgs represent good.

When one wants to attach the GTG label, one is then applying a morality defintion within this framework and then one needs to appropriately define what this morality framework is....

As to people's comments about whether girls who visit places like gulliver's, MOS, hard rock, etc., are GTGs, freelancers, non-bgs, bgs, etc., one needs to be clear on definitions.

While there is always a little margin of error, non-bgs patronize bars, discos, etc but GTGs (in my definition and some girls who I personally know who meets this defintion) never ever goes to these places.........

Cardinalblue

Archived