Does your girlfriend have HIV?

Maybe a depressing subject to talk about but, how many guys who have a live-in girl have had her checked out?

Being back in the UK for a number of weeks now before I return to Thailand I find myself in a state of limbo. Thinking of Thailand like a crackhead thinks of crack, I was looking through some of Stickman weekly columns. I read a few when he mentioned that there are a number of (popular)thai girls working with the dreaded disease.. and didnt name and shame them(ouch a hot topic I know).

It makes you think though, how many girls have we bedded who have HIV? I am always super careful and use condoms but even thats not 100%...

:eek:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chico,

Necessary and provocative opening gambit, but, as you yourself intimate, you're probably gonna get some stick here for the " name and shame... " slice of your post, so I thought I'd sling my 2 satangs in to clarify and support you in advance. :)

Of course, there should be no automatic shame per se attached to being HIV positive. There should be blame and shame however attached to those who knowingly expose other people to risk of contracting this awful virus. Thus, a prostitute who knows (or suspects with reason) that he/she is HIV positive and nevertheless continues to offer unprotected sex to clients without informing them of this knowledge/suspicion prior to the act deserves, I think, to be identified and shamed. :nono:

Any punter unaware of his own HIV status who consciously and repeatedly shags prostitutes indiscriminately without wearing a condom is equally shameful and deserves to be identified too. :cussing:

Might be equally pertinent to ask if guys who have a live-in girl have had her and/or themselves checked out. :o

jack :cover:

Fair point well made.. yeah I agree mostly but given the amount of traffic a girl may have had in a given period I would have thought there was more chance of her having contracted something..

It pains me to think of the statistics but if one considers that the average bar girl is bedded 5 (fairly conservitive)times a week by different punters * (365 - 20/ for holidays and time off/7)= 240 guys a year. Assuming shes been working in the business for say 5 years (she is maybe 23) then that totals to 1200 men. Now lets consider that the average guy has bedded say 20 women in his life (dont ask me where I get these figures from). Given that when we sleep with someone we are in effect sleeping with everyone they have slept with that means the average bar girl she has really slept with is 20*1200 = 24000 men. :eek:

But wait you say, what about the partners of the partners the guy has slept with, we must add that to the grand total.. Okay its an exponential thing! And this is where mathematical equation gets out of hand. :sleeping: so just for the lamen lets put it to the pwr of 2.. giving us a figure of 576000000 people(the actual figure would be much higher ::). Now I'm not really sure the amount of people in the world who have HIV but this does leave us all pretty f :censored:

So surely the rules of probability would indicate that they are more likely to have caught something rather than us poor old chaps.. hence the ownus on the girl for being checked!

:beer:

Hi,

"It pains me to think of the statistics but if one considers that the average bar girl is bedded 5 (fairly conservitive)times a week by different punters * (365 - 20/ for holidays and time off/7)= 240 guys a year."

Uh, try 5 guys a month. Sounds much more likely.

That would mean 60 guys a year, and likely there will be duplicates in there, so say 50 different guys in a year, or 250 in 5 years.

"Given that when we sleep with someone we are in effect sleeping with everyone they have slept with that means the average bar girl she has really slept with is 20*1200 = 24000 men."

Not sure I follow this.

Another reason why your equation is also flawed is that it would imply that all encounters from all person involved would be bareback. Highly unlikely.

Sanuk!

Good question. I have had myself checked and also my current livin gf. One reason that I have a livin is that I got worried about my own sexual practices and feel more comfortable with just one partner.

The test was made at Bunrungrad and I felt good about that hospital until I was told that their quality control is very bad. Blood samples get mixed up and you may get an arbitrary OK from your gfs test. When I have the retest in a few months I will go to another hospital. Does anyone esle know anything about Bunrungrad having QC problems?

I have a Thai lady friend from a small Issan town that told me four of her classmates have died from aids. She is 28 years old.

zen

>It pains me to think of the statistics but if one considers that the average bar girl is bedded 5 (fairly conservitive)times a week by different punters * (365 - 20/ for holidays and time off/7)= 240 guys a year. Assuming shes been working in the business for say 5 years (she is maybe 23) then that totals to 1200 men. Now lets consider that the average guy has bedded say 20 women in his life (dont ask me where I get these figures from). Given that when we sleep with someone we are in effect sleeping with everyone they have slept with that means the average bar girl she has really slept with is 20*1200 = 24000 men.

Most likely, an average girl would get 3-6 different men per month. Some may stay with her for a week, some only ST.

Start from here: an average person lives 30 000 days.

Leave some time for childhood and some time after 50, how could one possibly have sex 24000 times for her whole life?

but if one considers that the average bar girl is bedded 5 (fairly conservative)

-----------------------------------

are you sure? What you are saying is that, pretty much every BG in a bar goes with a guy every night. I dispute that.

what i will not dispute is the need to protect oneself, whatever the stats.

I have a friend who insists that hetero-vaginal sex is unlikely to pass on the virus (while scolding me for not wearing a helmet evrytime i ride the moped). So, let's say that 1 guy out of 50 thinks likewise, there are 2 million sex tourists in LOS, indulging in 20 unprotected sex acts...... :p:D :D

Hi!

Any punter unaware of his own HIV status who consciously and repeatedly shags prostitutes indiscriminately without wearing a condom is equally shameful and deserves to be identified too.

I would go a step further. They should be reported to Thai authorities. I don't know about Thai laws but in my country it is a criminal offense for someone who is HIV-positive to have unprotected sex without informing their partner. Over the last years ther have been a few nasty cases of this.

regards

ALHOLK

All--

I suspect that KS' calcualtions are more accurate... Plus, not everyone of the girls clients will be "new" there will be some level of repeat business...

For me personally, one of the more "difficult" discussions mt TF and I had was the "what's in your past" discussion.. We both agreed that it was one of those "in the past" things so it was better not to dig it up without reason... Suffice it to say that she had had substantially fewer partners than I... an issue she made highlight of on more than once occassion.

Of course, we got tested (required for I-129F application & K-1 issuance) and we were both "clean"...... as we both suspected...

I enjoy having a dedicated partnter. Makes having sex a less "stressful" situation... :grinyes:

--UPSer

Archived