Visa fees to rise

Yehtmae

The fees are unbelievably high, especially for the resident permit. Kind of rip-off in my eyes. :cussing:

Huh, happy to be in Japan. Fee for resident permit (valid 3 years) = zero, multiple re-entry permit (valid 3 years) abt THB 2,000 (JPY 6,000).

Just wonder what is the purpose for these prohibitive fees. Do they want to discourage foreigners from staying/working in Thailand?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 months.

I'm waiting for one for over a year now, the only thing I'll have to do is every 3 months to show up at the local immigration office.

The increases are a far outcry, outrageous IMO.

What makes them justify such an increase? :onfire:

That's for your first renewal right?

Yes, I have to show that amount once a year.

How long does Type O allow you to stay in Thailand without crossing a border?

As long as I please. Must 'renew' every 3 months though and don't need to leave the Kingdom.

I might get a VISA outside ASIA as well if I decide to live in Europe for a few years and return to LOS.

Does anyone know if the retirement income or deposit have changed?Now it is 65,000B per mo.or 800,000B on deposit[200,000B,if married].

Also,does this fee change for reentry permits mean that if you apply for the permits before Aug. 26th,you will only have to pay the old rate?

Best Regards,Stan

Hi,

Could it be that the government needs more money to support all those moronic schemes they can't afford, and figures that those rich foreigners (who are to blame for Thailand's economic problems anyway) are the perfect people to pay for this?

Sanuk!

Wonder if the 3 million baht / 10 million baht residency visas have been affected?

I just got my one year visa stamp for a 3 million baht condo. I had to wait 1 month while they considered it but now I am legal here for a year and no need to leave every 90 days! I just need to report to immigration every 3 months instead!!!

IMHO the fees for residence are absurd, way too expensive.

Archived