Subway Franchise now open in Silom

"...I've never been to a Subway. What do they have, and what's good?..."

Not God Damned thing!! Guys! I once lived in Philadelphia, the Italian sandwich capitol of the world and (Chocalote Steve and the Jersey guys will back me up on this), Subway sucks!! It doesn't just suck in a major way, it sucks in very unique way, that defys words, it sucks worse than anything in the world could possibly suck!! It is an insult to Hoagies and sandwiches the world over!! It sucks beyond description!! Go to foodland, buy the ingredients and make yourself a decent sandwich!!

A Subway Franchise on Soi 4? Near Nana? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough with the American franchise stuff!!

O.k. to sum it up, Subway sucks. Thank you.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, any restaurant which sponsors Happy Gilmore gets two thumbs up from me! :up::up:

Not God Damned thing!! Guys! I once lived in Philadelphia, the Italian sandwich capitol of the world and (Chocalote Steve and the Jersey guys will back me up on this), Subway sucks!! It doesn't just suck in a major way, it sucks in very unique way, that defys words, it sucks worse than anything in the world could possibly suck!! It is an insult to Hoagies and sandwiches the world over!! It sucks beyond description!! Go to foodland, buy the ingredients and make yourself a decent sandwich!!
Sorry OH, not all of us are living in places where tasty heros - Italian or otherwise - are easily found. I imagine that Bangkok is a good example ? Tokyo an even better one. And oh, ok Philly is the capitol but for my tastes give me NY or New Orleans for an Italian Hero. Cheesesteak ? yeah, Philly, hands down. Italian hero ? NY or New Orleans then Philly ? understand? :neener: ::

But back to my point. Living in Asia, going to the corner deli, grocery store, bodega, what have you, - well it is not always an option. Seven Eleven, AMPM, Lawsons, we have trillions of these ? but those are convenience stores ? worthy of purchasing a newspaper, soda, light bulb, but not a good sandwich. I would agree about buying the ingredients and making-my-own but, seriously, am I going to do that on my lunch break. In the office? Or tonight when I drag my ass home from work at 9PM only to have an 11PM conference call to the States? No way.

But having a Subway "sando" shop 3 minutes from my apartment has been a very good thing for me. Certainly in the States I would not regularly eat at Subway or Blimpie (do they exist?) but when pickings are slim one has to make do. I understand the interest and elation shown by other board members residing in Asia regarding this discovery. Quite frankly, the Subways (notice the plurality) here in Tokyo are quite good! Bon appetit!

"...WOW! You should say what you REALLY think, Old Hippie!!!

Couldn't detect the gist of your post AT ALL!

No more beating around the bush, okay? Get it all out next time!!! "Got milk?" ..."

Oh, sorry. I ment to say Subway Really Sucks!!

UAL 875,

New Orleans does do a great job with those "Po' Boy" style sandwiches!! I would definitely say NY has the world corner on Delis, especially Jewish or Euro style!! But really, I would prefer to make my own sandwich at home rather than eat a Subway misprepresentation! No matter what the time or conditions. :)

Escape Rabbit said:

Now if only taco bell opened somewhere that would be perfect.

-----------------------------------------------

I was told by the couple that owns the Mexican restaurant on Silom (near Soi 7 (?) and not far from Bangkok Christian Hospital) that there had been a Taco Bell near Siam Center a few years back. I think it was in the early 90s. It was not successful and closed down.

Looking forward to trying the new Subway.

>>>Bangkokbutcher - word on the street ( glances shiftily over left shoulder and sniffs)<<<

It's OK now Carew, my cold has gone... :drunk:

>>>is that the franchise for Subway in the UK is just the worst.<<<

Yep thats the one :: - terrible place..

>>>No wonder they've packed it in near you.<<<

Thanks for the lovely words Carew :onfire:

Seriously though, my local Subway is one hell of a place :banghead:

Cheers OH - next time in Tokyo let me know - I'll treat you to Subway - maybe I can get you to "upgrade" your opinion from really sucks to simply sucks. Hey, watching cute J-gals holding foot-longs or sucking on a wrap isn't the worst thing! ::

Yeah, I used to love their "sub dogs" -- are they still on the menu? My "home" subway was in a building behind the Shinjuku Southern Terrace, near Shinjuku stn. south exit.

Archived