Are These Feelings Normal?

rmorris22

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These feelings are all pretty normal... But I worry about myself. Last night I made a Nana Club sandwich, ised coffee, and sat in front of my apartment hoping Asian girls would walk by, thus deluding myself into thinking I was in the Nana hotel lobby...sad but true...

Four weeks in the land? Shit try two for the average American. I don't know how long I can put up with that either.

Try going for 2 months then coming home to find a job that only gives two. I would have to go during a national holiday week to use my 2 weeks and 2 personal days to full advantatge. (4, 4 then 4...) Thats three weeks if you stretch your vax to the max. Not nearly enough after spending 2 months there. I am really wondering how much fun I am going to have over the next year or so. My job does not give you your vax until 6 mos. You get 5 days at that point then you have to wait ANOTHER 6 months to get the other five. Then it accrues at 2 and 1/2 per quarter. Fucking bullshit...

Maybe you buy that "contribute to society" bullshit. I don't but am not free to give the system the finger right now. Have to work some numbers for awhile. CMON STOCK MARKET!

Oneye

I did just that. I had another member(a prolific poster) of the board over on Sat night. Had steak and salmon. Of course the steak was Black Angus, not like in Thailand. Just so you'all know I am not the one that slathers my steak in Dijon mustard.

We sat and watched all my videos. I only shot 3 hours in 4 weeks. Now I see it's not enough.

I have been home now for 6 days and it still does not feel right. Even though I do not drive in Thailand it still seems like an adjustment driving on the right hand side of the road. Living in the SF bay area it is much cooler than LOS. When I leave my Apt I still expect that blast of heat and humidity and feel disappointed with the chill in the air.

We have many Filapinos at work and if you squint your eyes just right when you look at them you can convince yourself their Thai.

The thought has crossed my mind but my current bills exceed what an expat English teacher would make. My good friends at the IRS and the California Franchise Tax board would not approve. I asked them. Of course they are still sending me letters to see how I am doing. Anyway someone has to pay for the war and the Gray Davis recall election.

Sorry to hear that. I can understand why you may be a bit depressed. I currently work in the Semiconductor industry which is still getting hammered. My company has decided all employees must take off 160 hours (4 weeks) mandantory vacation this year. There is also a two week shutdown at Christmas. In addition, this is my 10th year with the company and I get an additional 160 hours for a sabatical. I just used 4 weeks in July and I plan to take FIVE (5) weeks in Dec. Of course depending on how I do it I could do 5 1/2 because of Thanksgiving.

With my company one gets the extra 4 weeks every 5 years and at the 10th year one begins to accrue vacation at a rate of 160 hours per year.

I really hope I did not make you feel worse about your vaca situation.

Shit I would take leave without pay, if they'd let me. But I doubt they will. I am jealous of your vacation time. I hope you are using it to your advantage while you have it. There are friends of mine who make me feel worse than you did. Out there for 6 months or more on unemployment. Calling me from the Singapore MRT and leaving a message on my answering machine with the woman in the background announcing and the BING BONG of the metro train. Now THAT made me feel bad cause I remember those sounds like they were yesterday.

Oneye

Archived