Are These Feelings Normal?

rmorris22

I accept that the bar-world is a fantasy world.

There have been times for me when farangland has seemed like a fantasy world: Ever watch the oscars? Go to disneyworld surrounded by middle class farangs spending a thai's six month salary in a day?

Then I go mix it up with a bg in the scene and a get a dose of reality.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oneeyejacks,

dunno how it is where you come from, and how your education system works.

Where I am here in good old germany I was able to get some good education despite my father being merely a construction worker, my mother a housewife and I am the fourth of five kids. Because education is free and (was) good.

I see a lot of advantages of the system here (besides the many flaws). In a more darwinistic environment I would not be where I am now.

Besides: 30 days payed holidays isn't bad either :neener:

Says MaiLuk:

There have been times for me when farangland has seemed like a fantasy world: Ever watch the oscars? Go to disneyworld surrounded by middle class farangs spending a thai's six month salary in a day?

Then I go mix it up with a bg in the scene and a get a dose of reality.

Next time you'll build a house, call it madhouse, go inside and define this as outside. Therefore all exept you are inside the madhouse. Have fun.

I wonder if this is normal behaviour..

2. You play those song repeatedly and try to dance like a bar girl in front of your bathroom mirror admiring the fact you lost 10 pounds because you do not particularly like Thai food.

would certainly explain alot about people I have met in BKK.

:grinyes:

We have many Filapinos at work and if you squint your eyes just right when you look at them you can convince yourself their Thai.

-------------------------------------

Actually, they feel even more thai if you take them as GFs. Their jealousy meter will make sure you'd think you are in LOS ::(of course, you'll have to squint your eyes again, to pretend that the pizza joint at the corner is Califonia ( :: :: ::) Pizza on walking St).

Well where I come from (neverneverland) you can rise up on your "bootstraps" but you will pay for it one way or another. In Europe they seem to have balanced out the work and the fun to where each is just tolerable. I saw THAT first in Europe when I went on my first real trip overseas to London. Then I went to Thailand and now I just lost my mind to be quite honest with you. If I were in Thailand to begin with I may not see it the same as I see it now. That much is true. I do feel however that the way people live in America and the things they feel are important are a little too extreme for someone like me who just wants to have fun and at worst live life with a smile. I have a college education and am not eating out of cans... But when do I get to smile around here is my question? Everyone seems so damn intense and I am too after being back for about 3 months and having fallen back in step with things here. I realize what I really want and fortunately for me I can achieve retirment in the land at 45 if I so choose and start now because I live under the American system. That you would be correct on.

Oneye

Archived