Are These Feelings Normal?

rmorris22

"I don't live in Thai but nothing on your list seems to be normal for me. Some things even feel paranoid" ::

Some people on this board spend their time teaching mathematics to stray dogs, and the rest of the time being negative and pompous. These people live in denial, cannot be honest with themselves and will never be truly happy because of the baggage they are carrying. Don't let them get you down !

RMorris, your list struck a chord with me, you're witty and observant. Get planning your next trip. Keep on Truckin ! :up:

Only paranoid people feel paranoid, only boring people get bored. ;)

Regards,

C.L.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, KS, hope you didn't make him commit suicide. ::

Say, I notice one you didn't negate was the dancing one. I can only assume then you dance around like a BG in front of your mirror. Hmmm.

Hi,

"I can only assume then you dance around like a BG in front of your mirror. Hmmm."

Nah, although my wife did suggest once that we should put a GoGo pole in the bedroom so I would not have to go out to the bars anymore and she would dance for me :)

Sanuk!

On returning home after 18 months straight in Thailand:

I Could not wear my shoes in the house. My family has a lovely house with hardwood floors but they ruin it by trampling all over it in their shoes.

I did reach for the hose when I took a s**t and I was disgusted to find I had to use toilet paper instead.

I didn't feel comfortable lounging in long pants... but it was too damned cold to get away with wearing my favourite shorts.

I did enjoy a long, hot bath with a cold can of Guinness and a cigarette.

Hi RMorris22,

Oh god, i know exactly how you feal :(

If you can, try to find some members of the board / or boards that you read, and try to meet up with them at least once a week, becouse no one at your work place will understand were you are coming from and will end up thinking your mad :) This is good, hahahhahha.

This is what we do hear in London, and was started up by Carew66, and it is just so good to be able to vent yourself to someone that knows exactly were you are coming from, and will be more then happy to laugh and cry with you :)

Cheers and all my best, Roman

Ps, If no members to talk to, the only other thing to do is go and get yourself anouther flight ticket for BBK now :)

Mosxtly I am returning from indonesia but that's not so different.

Says rmorris22:

1. As soon as you get home you download all the songs you heard in the Thailand bar beers such as: Baby One More Time, My Love, I'm Alive and Crooked letter.

Nope. I can still distinguish between holidays and the rest of my time. Won't usually listen to the music I get in holidays, and when in holidays I don't mind the music

2. You play those song repeatedly and try to dance like a bar girl in front of your bathroom mirror admiring the fact you lost 10 pounds because you do not particularly like Thai food.

I like indonesian food, still loose weight, but remain overweight. No way I am dancing in front of a mirror AND enjoing it.

3. The Taxi at the airport quotes you $130.00US to take you home and you immediately look for a green and yellow TAXI METER.

Taxi? I take the train as taxis here are too expensive (and not much faster to my destination)

4. You brush your teeth for the first time and reach for the bottled water that is not there.

Nope, never use bottled water.

5. You take your first shower and you make sure you keep your mouth closed.

Nope.

6. You exit the bathroom with a towel wrapped around you and are surprised to find that your bed is empty except for your cat.

I leave the bathroom naked cause mother in law is not around.

7. You take what seems like your first normal s%%t in four weeks and reach around for the garden hose that is not there.

I have to get used t sitting instead of squatting and I miss the small bucket to apply water.

8. You leave your apartment to go to the supermarket and there is no Baht Bus to take you.

Don't matter as it is so near I can walk.

9. At the food store you wonder about the asian girl in line in front of you as to what bar she works at.

The Thai women in my small town are mostly too ugly to be a prostitute and changed to a 'one customer' policy long ago.

10. A little surprised at the checkout girl since she does not call you "hansom man". And your a bit miffed anyway since the only reason you went to the store was because someone forgot to put the Rum in your apartment.

Funny, some of the checkout girls here return smiles. Try it.

And I don't drink from minibars anyway. I'm a cheap charlie.

11. You start to empathise with the expats that have burned their passports.

Silly buggers. Only the luck to be born in a western country gave me the opportunity of an good education despite my parents being not wealthy (not poor but definitely not wealthy around here). I will never forget this, as long as I live here I will contribute to the system and I will get the same good start for my daughter.

How to view it? We get to live in a fantasy world for 4 weeks. Look to deep, and yes you can find bad, but we are extremely fortunate that we do have the opportunity to have this experience. Accept it for what it is.

I accept that the bar-world is a fantasy world. Next time try to see some of the real world.

carlton

The solution?

pack up and get your butt back to Thailand. You can always resort to teaching English as a means to survive and look after the never ending surplus of "Northeastern crops" available to you... :hubba:

Archived