"Get Out of Jail Card"

Straycat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"I was given one in Woodstock by Orn,"

No offence, but this is not really the kind of cards people are talking about here. I know Peter and Orn and while they are nice people they do not have the connections to get you out of trouble.

Sanuk!

I just loved the romance of it :) It did not really matter to me weather it worked or not, just a really nice gesture i thought.

Cheers Roman

All the otehr times the policeman doesn't want to get into an agrument, lets me go, and probably starts looking for easier prey.

----------------------

This is my experience though it is limited to the 1/2 dozen times I was told to stop by the Highway cops.

My friend in Ubon just pretends he does not understand well what the cop says, a bit risky as he makes puns out of what is being told to him (" No, i do not know your girl-friend"..... ::).

PS: All these in cases that you know you have done nothing wrong.

I am sure that they are above the law

-------------------------------

May I question the depth of your knowledge of the murky ways of thai justice/police action? tied to politics at the level you cite. They may be above the law on July 23, but maybe not Dec 15.

Moreover, these farangs you talk about are very efficient people in their field, they usally will not need a card, too busy giving a call (to Thaksin?) in the back of their chauffeur-driven car to bother why the chauffeur is lowering the window to speak to a cop 5 seconds before they drive again. IMO......

Archived