"Get Out of Jail Card"

Straycat

>>>I know of a few foreigners who are so well connected that they could walk into taxsins office and get an appointment with him.. I am sure that they are above the law. Yes I did say farang. <<<

most definately are they not "above" the law. their professional position make it possible to do that. i have a relative who can do that because of his professional position, but could i do that as well? definately not. could i ask my relative to get me out of trouble if i would do something very illegal? hardly.

to be above the law here in this place means to be part of a family. and anyhow - in those circles are other laws to observe - and some of them are a lot more deadly than you would wish for. there is a reason why the duangchalerms and kong udoms of this place do have a large following of armed bodyguards wherever they go...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I agree. Even the Chief of Justice is not above a bullet to the head. Way to many people, in their BMWs and Mercs think they rule the road and can get away with everything just because they have more money than brains. A few of them learn the hardway and make the 6 oclock news and the front page of the thai papers with their bullet ridden bodies.

Nobody is above the laws of physics

Wolfgang Ulrich, yes I remember.. There was a guy called George (Swiss) Wittner and a few other German/Swiss guys....

From what I could gleam they were fraudsters who had fled to Pattaya... they intimidated law abiding German expats in Pattaya and were generally feared..

Soi Diamond was where they had some enterprises...

STH

Hi StrayCat,

I got my get out of jail free card around 4 year ago now, on my first trip to Thailand :)

I understand were you are coming from and know what you mean about being flippent with such a card.

To get a card, the people that give you it, have to really like you, and this ment more to me then the card it's self.

I was given one in Woodstock by Orn, when she found out it was going to be my first trip to the Pong, and she said if you have any trubble at all like dramatic over charging etc, then give her or Peter a call, and one of them will come and get me out of there without me loosing all my holiday money bla bla bla.

To be honest with you, the night i went there and ever since, i have never had any preblems there accept for stupid over charging that everyone douse as soon as they think you are pissed :p

Cheers Roman

Archived