Do B/G's have integrity?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>"Integrity is basically a measure of personal moral soundness or adhering to a strong personal ethical code."

Could also be - one is keeping his/her word in everyday's communication and in a long run.

Unfortunatelly, whether it is HT's definition or mine, I know of only two bgs that would fit into it (know of just about two dozens of them).

That's from farang side of the integrity principle.

From their families point of view (they benefit with whatever they get) all the girls are doing alright as long as they are advancing their families.

They would pretend for the village she's doing a waiting job or something like that, no heart-breakig concerns about her having to sleep with strangers, lie to and con them (we say for that "lack of integrity").

Her family, that's where her understanding of integrity was taught to her....

As we know, there could be a good student in a family supported by a prostitute.

Those "integrity" values must reperesent something different to them. Both girls had been taught by same parents in the same house.

From the angle of concern about well being of their families, whatever "integrity" in Thai may be, bgs can sure as hell posess it. I don't see it as a flaw in character.

its IMO measured by how far one will, or what one is willing to do with money as the only motivator.

-----------------------------------

sounds about right. But in that case, i can think of whole stratas of thai population who have way lower integrity than Bgs (1), plus quite a few shady farangs. My experience is that in 3rd world countries, integrity is very nice, but not really part of the social make-up.

(1) stratas to be looked in: politicians, policemen, tycoons, most filthy rich thais, sweat shop owners/managers, real estate developers, construction sites contractors, brothel owners, army generals (made fortunes off smuggling and more), famous and rich monks, etc....

then we come with our western moral code, and give accessits of motality in a world we have no idea how we would fare in, if we were born in it. This last sentence not directed at you, but my general comment on what i read in this thread.

Until we walk in their shoes, we should be careful of the pitfalls tied to the nightlife, but, IMO, we have no right to judge them.

ps:besides I do not find them that dishonest, on the contrary.

Is one willing to hurt others (in whatever way) to fullfill ones materialistic wishes

Thieves have in this respect little integrity, as have con-men, drug dealers. IMO prostitutes fall in this categorie,

If they are doing it so they can have the latest model cell phone and talk 3 hours a day, than i agree. If they are doing it to feed and house their family, than all the above people may have OK integrity.

Also, and i think FlyW said it once, in many ways, they are a world into themselves. a world with many betrayals and cowardice, but also, with very thoughtful, helpful marks of generosity from one to another. To know that, one has to share their life a little bit, get out of the bars, see them in their daily life, the problems they face, in short see the women more than the girls in them....... IME

>From their families point of view (they benefit with whatever they get) all the girls are doing alright as long as they are advancing their families.

This is the same that i focus on, are they advancing a worthwhile cause.

Like to know how others would answer this question (which is along the lines of HT's):

BG goes with many farang for ST, every time she says to the farang "You pay me not enough, must give me another 1000baht." Does not matter if farang wants to pay her 1000 or 3000baht, she demands 1000baht more and creates a big scene until she gets it.

Also, she steals farang money from his wallet whenever she has the chance, or his camera or anything she can get her hands on. Will even steal farangs cell phone from the bar if the chance arises.

She never steals from her two BG roommates and has their complete trust and friendship, helps them when they run short of baht, supports their cons of their farang boyfriends.

When she is not working and visits home or friends, never steals or makes a problem, her friends leave her alone in a room with their valuables and never a problem, all her thai friends like her she is honest. She helps out when she has money, even paid a cousin's large medical bill and built a house for Mom, and always sends alot of baht home to her parents and her own 2 kids and husband.

What can we say about this girl?

Archived