My Recent Pattaya Trip. I got lucky.

El_Tel

I went to Pattaya a short while ago. Arrived about 3pm and stayed at Eastiny Hotel on Soi 8. A very good hotel. Sea-view, guest friendly balcony, bath-tub, cable tv etc. 850 Baht for a 'Superior' room. Nice.

This was to be my first overnight stay in quite a few years and the changes were noiticeable.

Soi 8 during the day appeared to be the usual scruffy Pattaya beer bar soi. I took a quick nap and left the hotel at about 9.30pm.

Jesus H. Christ! The place was filled with hundreds of girls. Just in one soi. Many of them VERY cute though naturally there were the usual plain and occasionally downright hideious ones but fortunately they were in a minority.

I caught a songtaew to Walking Street and suprisingly received change from a 20 Baht note. I carried on past the well known ago-go's as I intended to stick to the beer bars on this trip. It's usually the other way round when I'm in Bangkok so I fancied a change.

Being an avid pool player, I saw a bar called 'Country Bar' on the left amongst about two dozen other similar bars. All had a least one pool table.

There seemed to be more bars, more girls than I ever remembered. You could fit the bars of Patpong, NEP and Soi Cowboy in one South Pattaya block. This place makes Bangkok seem like Margate.

After sitting and ordering a beer, I checked out the girls. Out of about 20, I'd say 3 were what I'd term as 'top' girls, looks wise. The others were by no mean unattractive but not my type. Of course there were the obligatory 'older' girls who tend to make up their lack of youth with a personable attitude.

Then I saw her. Checking her make-up at the mirror in the back. She kind of had the Korean/Japanese look. Though after talking to her, she was Isaan born and bred. One thing surprised me was her lack of bar 'hardness'. She spoke softly and politely and had a killer smile. Yeah, you know what I mean.

I'm thinking, "where's the catch?" Nice hotel, friendly bar, great girl...

Anyway after paying the bar (only 200 Baht, Bangkok take note) we went straight to the hotel and the rest is history. She stayed with me for 3 wonderful days and has to be one of the loveliest girls I've met in LOS, BG or GTG. A definite 9/10 looks and 10/10 personality.

During that time she didn't ask for a penny. Even when she went out for food, she just smiled when I offered to pay.

Most of the BG's I've met with similar looks have had an attitude due to their being in high demand but I guess this one was still fairly fresh after only being working in a beer bar for the past 8 months. Still, that's long enough to get an attitude.

The 3 days went far too quickly. I paid her well for her time and she didn't even look at the money before placing it in her wallet. Before I was to catch the bus back to BKK, we went to Big C for lunch. One of the best things about Pattaya is the total lack of pretentions. A farang walking around a supermarket or department store with a BG (something I don't do in BKK) draws no foul looks or snide comments, unlike in Bangkok. I felt totally at ease. One of the amazing things about Thai girls is their ability to make you feel 18 again.

I've always been at a loss to understand the farangs who fall for BG's but I knew that if I stayed here any longer, that would have been a distinct possibility though good sense prevailed.

I told her that I would be back to see her but a part of me sensed the danger in this. I'm sensible and experienced enough not to fall for the usual BG bullsh*t though that wasn't what I was worried about.

One of the worst things about meeting a BG you actually like is that at the end of the day, you've got to send her back to the bar. That's an awful feeling when it's someone you're very fond of.

Pattaya, what a great place.

True very true, it is hard to send the good ones back to the bar. Some of them you don't want to send to the bar because for some reason or another didn't play the game to your liking. You don't want them treating others as they did to you.

Yes it is a nice break and there are some true gems out there in the beer bars, especially the 200 baht barfine is wonderful, and I also seem to like the freelancers better in Pattaya at Marine and Tony's disco.

ZMAN

Shhh! :shhh:Don?t tell the ?loads-a-money?s in Bangkok about Pattaya. They?ll all be down here inflating the prices for us fellahs. After all, there are only 9,999 girls left, and all I have is one lifetime!

Bangkokophiles Beware! Don?t listen to El_Tel. He got it all wrong. He had a bit of a bang :hubba: He was concussed. Truth is you actually fall off the edge of the planet 2 hours south of Bangkok and ?thar be dragons ?ere too.? :grinyes::beer:

Says robaus:

Don?t listen to El_Tel. He got it all wrong. He had a bit of a bang :hubba: He was concussed. Truth is you actually fall off the edge of the planet 2 hours south of Bangkok and ?thar be dragons ?ere too.?
:grinyes::beer:

Err...yeah...I hit my head on the mini bar door...I don't feel good....don't go to Pattaya, you won't like it. ::

Says samak:

...what is a guest friendly balcony?

guest-friendly balcony n. Outside balustraded platform, verandah, or terraced area with access from upper floor hotel door or window known to be favourably disposed to turning a blind eye to one's (esp. inebriated) entertaining in the immediate vicinity a female (or females, hermaphrodites etc.) offering her body to indiscriminate sexual (oral, vaginal, anal) intercourse esp. for short- or long-term hire.

(Source: Oxford English Dictionary 2005 edition vol. III )

jack :help:

Says samak:

what is a guest friendly balcony??

Alright smart arse. I forgot the comma. Guest friendly, balcony. Happy now?

OH,

Prices for the Eastiny were 800 Bt standard room, 850 for Superior. Superior has carpet & bath tub and on a higher floor.

Archived