the next crackdown...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Mr Pracha said he was not worried that tighter controls on obscene shows would affect tourism. Tourists visiting places providing indecent shows were of low-quality and Thailand did not welcome such visitors.

``We do not want them here.

``They spend little money and look down on Thai women and Thai people,'' Mr Pracha said'

what an idiot.

so many of us are low-quality tourists?

i spend a lot of money when i visit,roughly 500 GBP a week on my each trip.

may not be a lot to some,but a lot to me.

and as for looking down on the Thai people?.

i respect them much more than i do other nationalities and i think the women are goddesses.... :cussing: :onfire:

"Mr Pracha said they would face a relentless three-month crackdown."

:(

Well this sure sucks.......and is big news there. Girls I talk to in even outlaying country areas have all heard about this. Sounds serious.

HT

Interesting article. So there is one week to end the shows and get the bars in order. Is there anyone out there on the scene in Bangkok who can report on whether this edict by Thailand's moralizer-in-chief is affecting the bars? Are the bars in NEP, Patpong (including the upstairs bars controlled by the Thai mafia) and Soi Cowboy covering up now? Are we going back to the grannie outfits we saw at the height of the crack-down. Is the p____-owned Bottoms Up Bar (or is it Pretty Lady now) paying any attention?

Hard to judge from NYC what is happening in Bangkok, but I cannot help suspecting this a diversionay tactic intended to deflect unwanted attention from police corruption generated by Chuwit's allegations about Bently diving police generals visiting upscale class massage parlors. It works well as a diversionary measure because (a) it makes appear as though the Thai government is doing something to crack down on vice and (B) it plays into the Thai myth that that the commercial sex industry caters almost exclusively to foregnors.

An arrest of a Farang bar owner would fit in well with such a diversionary ploy and the current mood (policy) because it would generate evidence that the commercial sex industry is actually controlled by predatory foreignors rather than home grown. Arrests of Farang bar owners not only provides an excellent and cheap means of knocking out unwanted foreign competion, but it also plays well with domestic audiences and fits in nicely with the populist rhetoric of...erh...certain vested interests.

Archived