the next crackdown...

As I said, thais need to look into their own eyes. I am positive that all the cash bonanza has trickled down to more than just tourist oriented business and jobs.

I also had talk with "GTGs" and the one thing that pissed them off, is that Thailand is always sold as a tourist paradise with pictures of smiling, wai-ing, demure thai women holding an orchid (if not wai-ing, that is). Now, of course, pretty women are used to sell anything, anywhere in ads, but in this case, it's a country that is sold, and the image they want us to have is of that. i thought their argument was a bit feministic, but I must also agree that there is truth in it. So, back to my first sentence....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I completely agree with you. It does all seem to be highly hypocritical.

The mere mention of a 3 month time limit speaks volumes. If they were really serious, then would be an on-going campaign without borders.

Its just coincidence that it mirrors Apec meetings. :rolleyes:

HT

Its just coincidence that it mirrors Apec meetings

-----------------------------------

Bingo!

PS: I have a feeling that both, thai middle-class want to see some change, but are quite content to deplore it (crocodile tears) without forcing it as a national debate, which it should be. Not just the sex areas, but the conditions that lead to it being a huge and rather easy of access industry for potential workers. Wether in France or USA, when something outrageous becomes a fact of society, well, nothing is changed overnight of course, but someting is done to repair it as best we can, and much resources are allocated to it. That they are well spent or not is another debate, but we do react as a society, and no stain becomes as big as the sex industry in Thailand.

Says jitagawn:

.But it IS getting extreme with raids on yuppie night clubs like "Q" Bar-making poeple pee in bottles does seem rather fascist to me-No?-Reminding me of Ahmeriiica 0Oh NO!! ::
:(
Jitagawn

While I am no rah rah American and can lay plenty of blame at the feet of my government, I have never been in a bar or a night club in America where the police come in and make people pee in a jar...and I go clubbing almost every weekend and have for 20 years. can't say I have ever heard of it happening in the states...cheers.

:nono:

What I have done in the States is walk into strip clubs where there are 50 completely naked women with there p***y less then a meter from your face and police coming in to get a look for themselves... :: ::

Fact also is that the Chuwit saga has opened a complete new can of worms. Lets face it, most gogo places and upstairs bars are illegal in Thailand, or at least allow lots of illegal activities.

Only possible because the police/authorities involved "Rap suai".

Dont' think it'll end up in a closure of certain areas. PP will definitely remain, but the current government IMO will try to bring them on a more legal line of operations, and tax them for the all income received, not just what on the books. Illegal income, just as at MP's can hardly be put on the books.

Perhaps the revenue dept is going to employ some of you guys to get into the actual income matter.

I dont think, however hard Thailand tried it could banish its sex image....

Thailand has always been associated with sexual fun. Over a hundred years ago it featured prominently in literature as a sex destination...

Please dont think that this is a recent phenomenon, relatively speaking.

Thailand has always been on the whoremongers circuit.

STH ::

Says orandanodes:

Fact also is that the Chuwit saga has opened a complete new can of worms. Lets face it, most gogo places and upstairs bars are illegal in Thailand, or at least allow lots of illegal activities.

Funny thing though is that the Chuwit saga seems to have caused very little discussion about the legal issues....yes, the Excise Dpt were a bit upset (but they're going to solve that by sending civil servants to try the "services") and, yes, there can't be underage girls giving you a "shower" and "a massage". But, apart from that, not much said about legal technicalities other than the bribe issue.

Speaking of lewd shows and since I know you frequent Hollywood Disco. What you'd figure about the topless singer(s) there? I visit and I'm thinking "What's the difference between this and Safari a-go-go in Patpong?" :grinyes:

Archived