the next crackdown...

What happens to farangs in bars that are raided? Aside from there picture being displayed to TV, are they hassled in any other way. I know they might be given a drug test, but if the test comes back negative does it stop there?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is interested....

Every single bar in nana was covered up last night, including the usual ones that seem to get away with it (ie Bottoms Up).

Angelwitch was busy but the show girls also have tops on.

Same in G Spot which was not doing any shows.

Needless to say business was down considerably over recent weeks.

Clampdowns come and clampdowns go, with each one touted as being worse than the last, and plenty of people going about wringing there hands and saying it is the beginning of the end. I don't doubt that this one will be any different. Personally I'm not that bothered about being unable to see unfettered breasts on display, much more concerned that people should still be allowed to enjoy themselves. :beer:

I doubt very much that it is a coincidence that the three month period covers the APEC meeting, and will finish as the high season gets going with its much larger influx of low-class :p tourists.

Says touri:

And whats happend Q-Bar ?

Same raidet on this weekend about Drugs?

Was there a raid in Q-Bar this weekend?

I seem to have narrowly missed lots of excitement. On Saturday we went to Nana where a girl in R2 told me that the cops had swarmed in the night before and shut down Hollywood on the third floor for shows. G-Spot was showing some boobies but they got quickly covered up quite often. Onwards to Club 87 (Ricky Martin was there last night, by the way, for all of you Ricky Martin fans on this esteemed forum) and then aftert that to Q Bar for the traditional 1am sweep. At Q Bar the place was shut down early- lights on at 1:30am, just when I was tucking into my first drink. Apparently everyone had to be physically out by 2am so they start the shut-down process early.

Then Sunday was Ratchadapisek day... I spoke to a Thai friend of mine who said that the Chuwit places have been raided constantly- so fortunately we didn't go there. I had a very good 'khao pad' in one MP but wasn't charged 5000 Baht for it as per one policeman's allegation in regards to a 'khao pad' he ate in a Chuwit MP, as written in the paper yesterday.

Wow lots of action and craziness taking place here these days.

Everything must be done in moderation, of course. But no more drugs, no more nude gogos, no more MPs, no more girls under 20 going out at night, no more clubs open past 2am= no more FUN!!!!

Cheers!

O.K., understood, but if you are, as I am, interested in figuring out why this is happening now, it is impossible to avoid speculating about the motives of those behind this. (The APEC summit motive, which had not crossed my mind, also makes sense, but is also political in nature.) In any event, I will leave my musings about motive at that, and instead inquire about what is actually happening on the ground back in the Big Mango.

is this going to be like last year when all the girls coverd up or are we going to start to see things closed down .

i remember last year when i read about the crackdowns and i started to panic that every thing would be gone before i got there .well nine more days untill i fly out there again and starting to panic again anyone there know to put my mind to rest

cheers

Archived