the next crackdown...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you, and would only add a little fact, that most Thais don't like recounted, and that is that 90+% of the commercial sex industry caters almost exclusively to domestic clients.

Although I am currently in the US, I work in Thailand, and have plenty of experiences illustrating how most middle class Thais are in denial about the commercial sex industry and try to pretend that it primarily caters to foreignors rather than Thais. For example, my co-workers have taken me to upscale massage parlours that don't accept farangs, have gone with the girls where I have not, and then, perhaps a two weeks later, I have heard them holding forth in the lunch room in Thai about how farangs visiting Thailand for sex are ruining Thailand, ruin Thai woman, introduce diseases, and are generally the sole cause of the sex industry in Thailand. It is no use reminding them of what happened two weeks before because it only causes annoyance. I am annoyed by the high level of hypcrosy, but have learned to live with it even though it does bother me. I am not a cultural anthoprologist, but this sort of mythology and hypcrosy seems to be an ingrained feature of the culture.

It was in the Bangkok Post today that the Govt ordered Mr Purachai to crackdown on unlicense massage parlour as part of the Social Order. It 's going to be very interesting to wait and see what 's going to happen in the next few days. I don't think our playground going to be affected. It seems that the Govt only target the massage parlour due to the Chuwit scandal.

From the "Check with your associates before you speak" file:

"Tourists visiting places providing indecent shows were of low-quality and Thailand did not welcome such visitors."

So, I guess this means that the U.S. and British Navies are not welcome in Pattay and Phuket then?

RickF.

Gadfly-

You are DEAD ON TARGET.

Its a joke really. The sex industry as many of us know has been rampant in Thai society for hundreds of years- This hypocrisy goes back to the basic issue that Thais "generally" have a very hard time admitting they are wrong.Farang wrong ... buy girl-Thai not same-

And while I am on my soap box...!!! RE GTG-

Look, in BKK anyway many of the supposed GTG are in reality really horny fu---- girls.Like people everywhere they like to have sex -duh. I have a 30 year -old friend that lives in my Condo Bldg that is always getting laid. He is ok looking albeit slightly a physical milk toast. He is bright and quite verbal yet speaks NO Thai. His date card is long and while I am much older(yet abit wiser) and still in shape I do fine when we go out to party in the non P$P venues with the supposed GTG.

The Thais like to keep their veneer of culture and respectability but IMH they are quite open sexually-IMHO

I am sure some poster will say they are all so sweet and virginal but in my personal expereience that is just not so.

Archived