Teaching English

NokTang

SOTH,

QUOTE: ?The bar scene is what it is, cheap thrills.. If you enjoy getting pissed... and enjoy sex there is no reason to get bored...?

I disagree.

Its not that drinking and womanizing is boring per se, its that the farang-bar scene itself can become boring and very repetitive after a while.

The same crappy conversations, with the all too often carbon-copy personalities of go-go or beer bar-girls, who all learn to speak from exactly from same ?BarGirl Phrase & Basic Conversation Hand Book? does get dull! If I hear ?where u come flom??, ?sit down perlease?, or ?my fliend like you vely mut?, I?m going to throw up. Add in the same locations, and the never ending tide of holidaying farangs, and it just gets too repetitive!

Drinking and womanizing can be done anywhere in this country from non-farang bars, to karaoke joints, to disco's, to nightclubs, motels and more. Sure I enjoy the farang scene when I go to it, but why limit yourself to PP, NP and SC only! :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]The same crappy conversations, with the all too often carbon-copy personalities of go-go or beer bar-girls, who all learn to speak from exactly from same ?BarGirl Phrase & Basic Conversation Hand Book? does get dull! If I hear ?where u come flom??, ?sit down perlease?, or ?my fliend like you vely mut?, I?m going to throw up. Add in the same locations, and the never ending tide of holidaying farangs, and it just gets too repetitive!

[/color]

Thank goodness that there is a man with senses like you. I have always been wondering what men got out of those lines of conversation (if those can be called conversation).

However, a male friend of mine told me once that "With the way our sex drive is around some of these women, who wants to converse". :neener:

Well, what can I say?

Jasmine :devil:

Depends what he means by a lifestyle.

If he thinks every night, then he had better get a job at an international school.

If not, and this may not be what you want to hear, then yes it is perfectly possible on a limited scale - even on 30K.

Spendings:

- room: .........................?.6000

- eat: .................................5,000

- medical care: ...................0

- visa run: ..........................1,000( might not need if employer gets it )

- clothes: ...........................2000

- ticket home (1 x p.a.): ......3000 ( not if has a rtn !)

- booze: ............................ 3000

- girls (THB 500 - 3 nights a week): ..6000

- Others: ............................3,000

Sum: ................................29,000

So, there is even enough for extras there and mix and matching on the girls. Not everyone would like to live that of course, as some want their Hard Rock beers or CM2 nights or 24hr air con or 3 bedroom apartments or whatever personal necessity they cant live without.

It is very possible to get a decent apartment for this price if you get lucky or out of the "centre" of Bangkok.

Why anyone would want to do it every night, I dont know. I am not sure which would burn out first, my brain from the "oh enland man good hart" or the liver from the beer.

Says ultras67:

Spendings:

- visa run: ..........................1,000( might not need if employer gets it )

Ultra,

How about water, electricity, BTS/bus/taxi, insurances, movies, books, internet, laundry ?????????

Cheers !

>>>Thank goodness that there is a man with senses like you. I have always been wondering what men got out of those lines of conversation (if those can be called conversation).<<<

it gets more interesting (for me at least) when talking about the riceharvest, their village, etc.

a few months ago i had a very interesting conversation in a bar with a girl who did two jobs. daytime she was a maid in a hotel for eight hours, at night she worked in a small bar. if no customer she had about 4 hours sleep a night, if she had a customer no sleep at all.

it's also rather interesting what they have to say about their different clients.

Guest lazyphil

<<Sure I enjoy the farang scene when I go to it, but why limit yourself to PP, NP and SC only! >>

My local has no p4p or Thai girls, only mine. How far from the scene do you want to go. Planty of descent conversation and booze to be had there.

Says BelgianBoy:

Says ultras67:

Spendings:

Ultra,

How about water, electricity, BTS/bus/taxi, insurances, movies, books, internet, laundry ?????????

Cheers !

Water, electricity I now notice wasnt in the original list. So that takes care of most of the 1000, laundry include in the 2000 for clothes ( which was very generous. Since I have been here - all I have bought is 1 shirt, 2 ties and a pair of sandals total 5000 - the sandals were 4000. I brought everything else over as I assume this guy will ) or wash your own.

The other stuff just minimise, cut back somewhere else or do evening work for more income.

Easy do to. It all depends on what you want to do and what you are prepared to do to get it. Everybodys levels will be different - some will look at my flat and say but you only have....! Some will say but why do you need......?

A salary of 60000B a month is only necessary if you spend 60000B a month. ( valid for everywhere else in the world too)

Says ultras67:

A salary of 60000B a month is only necessary if you spend 60000B a month. ( valid for everywhere else in the world too)

Ultra,

Fair enough, but what will happen in 20 years time when you might want to go back to Farangland ???

On what ???

Pensionfund ??

Health service ??

What happens if in a few years you meet the woman of your life and get married and have children, what about education ?????

No easy answer here :)

Cheers !

Totally correct of course. :bow:

Sure wish you'd been my Dad.

This planning ahead stuff sure knocks to hell out of spontaeous self indulgance though. :banghead:

Guess he'll just have to marry a rich girl. :neener:

Archived