Wat Pho coin ritual instructions needed

maxal

The long row of bowls are not for BDs. You get a butt load of satangs at the cashier and put one in each bowl for merit. Have been there twice with girls and each time they ran out of satangs before getting one in each bowl. I always had a few left over (I guess they don't really count the satangs in the pile they give you). Never saw anyone fret over not getting one in each bowl. You will notice that the end bowls have considerably less in them than the first bowls.

I do not remember seeing the birthdate bowls there, but they may be.

The Golden Buddha has electronic fortune machines and you select the machine based on the color that matches the day of the week you were born. Don't recall if there were more than 7 there or not.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says rovineye:

Yep, 100 bowls. But as I say, you may get more or less than 100 satangs for your baht. I know I never missed a bowl and had about 3 satangs left over. A BG and later my GF both were short about 5 satangs. Tough way for a cahsier to make a skimmed living!

That is bad luck. Maybe because I was able to drop a Satang in every bowl I had big luck at this day. It was my second day in LOS and my first trip - with all the stories about touts, rip offs e.g. in mind when I entered Wat Po (after a tout in an official looking uniform at a side gate told me that Wat Po is closed :grinyes:). I forgot my camera on a bench in front of the temple of the reclining Buddha and entered the building. After a while I realized that I forgot my camera and I was sure that it is gone already, but nevertheless rushed outside. There I found some young Thais sitting on the bench holding my camera for the owner to come back. :applause::bow:

Hey Kamui.

So, it is bad luck to the coin ritual and have left over satangs except the day you did it- none were left over?

Like rovineye, others have said extra coins are left over at the end even if you did it correctly? What then?

I'm just more curious than ever now! ::

Archived