You pay 'em to leave......

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<An Asian woman is like a beautiful shell on the beach>>

I've got a BIG fat Indian lady who lives up the road from me, obviously eats way too much Nam bread and curry. Shes more like a floundering beached whale :grinyes:......does she count too?? (I think Idi Amin caused her to arrive these shores though)

I've got a BIG fat Indian lady who lives up the road from me, obviously eats way too much Nam bread and curry. Shes more like a floundering beached whale ......does she count too?? (I think Idi Amin caused her to arrive these shores though)

Might have been a cutie at home in her young days. :grinyes:

If she's from Uganda, probably just happy to be alive.

Interesting though, many of us including the original author of the quote, don't really think of Indians as Asian. Nor Turks or Afghanis, or Iranis. Although we know that they are. It may just be cultural, but for a lot of us, Asia means SE Asia, China, Japan. Guess we can all be a bit culturally short sighted. But then we don't think of Mexicans or Brazilians as Americans either.

Guest lazyphil

<<Interesting though, many of us including the original author of the quote, don't really think of Indians as Asian>>

India/Indians is/are the very heart of Asia, surely?...quintessentially Asian ::

Again, I think if is a cultural relationship. To many of us (North Americans) the Indians are Indian first and then one thinks about India as being part of Asia. When I say to someone in Western Canada to think of an Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thailand (often confused with Taiwan) spring to mind. Indians are usually refered to as 'Paki's or Ragheads, or some other slur. For me Asia, in my mind, is more "The far East".

Could be due to the large influxes of varying regional Asian cultures into different societies. You got Indians and Curry, we got Chinese and fried rice. :dunno:

Completely incorrect I'm aware, especially as I used to drive buses to India, but still and all, the way my mind perceives it.

Of course my mind often mistakes things. I mean, I used to think the girls were only after my money. But I know better know. I really am handsome man. :grinyes:

Again, I think if is a cultural relationship. To many of us (North Americans) the Indians are Indian first and then one thinks about India as being part of Asia. When I say to someone in Western Canada to think of an Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thailand (often confused with Taiwan) spring to mind.

There is a profound difference between geographical and ethnological Asia. Ethnological Asia, as most of us understand it, is SE and NE Asia, an area between Myanmar in the West, Japan in the East, China in the North and Indonesia in the South. Indians do not belong to the 'Mongolian' race.

Agree, Indian are Caucasions.

Now the I (and others) have totally hi-jacked this thread, one can now "pay me to leave". :grinyes:

Sorry Rug Doctor. :bow:

Indians do not belong to the 'Mongolian' race.

Believe the 'race' is Asian and they have 'Mongoloid' features. Mongolians are stricktly Northern Chinese/Russian.

Sorry agin Doc. :banghead: :banghead:

Archived