Are you the only one???

Thsi question is directed at those that do not live here, but do have a TG that does and they support financially.

You've met you match, or so you think. Its the most beautiful creature (in your mind at least) and you want the long term.

Problem is she lives in LS and you far away. You are able to take a few trips per year, but for the rest it's phone calls, e-mails and letters.

You've decided to support her financially. The amount is not so relevant here. She professes her love to you and repeatedly states that you're the only one. For you She's the only one, no question.

How do you know you're the only one? What would you do if you find that this love of your life is exactly that for a few others like you. How do you konw she's not already married to a Thai and has a few kids. And if you do know, will that alter your position??

If she a BG and your support is an incentive to stay away from that scene, how do you ensure this happens.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know you're the only one? What would you do if you find that this love of your life is exactly that for a few others like you. How do you konw she's not already married to a Thai and has a few kids.

And that is why I would NEVER ever send money to a Thai girl from overseas, no matter how involved I was with her. You just never know what's going on back in LOS while you're away. I can't understand people who send thousands of baht back per month not knowing where the hell it ends up. How do you know there's not five or six guys sending back amounts of money to your Thai girl at the same time??

Its not a matter of being mean or nasty, its just a matter of common sense. I think a lot of guys out there think they are 'knight in shining armour' material' when it comes to TG's - especially BG's - and see themselves as some sort of 'financial saviour' or something. Why??? :dunno:

'Up to you?' I guess, but I can think of much better things to do with my hard'earned cash. :banghead: Its not being mean - just being sensible.

Says FlyPapillon:

You just never know what's going on back in LOS while you're away.

Hi fly,

You don't need to live out of Thailand to not know what is going on. Unless you are with her 24/7 you can never be sure. Actually, never is a bit strong but it is a matter of believing her or not. This sort of decision is outside the realms of logic, which you are applying. Objectively, everything you say is correct - but life is not like that and people make decisions based on emotions.

One option is to hire a detective to have a snoop around. I did this once and got a clean report. I have considered doing it again but not yet done it. Time is a factor here - eventually lies and deception are revealed. The problem is that you can have got through a lot of baht while you are waiting.

Khwai

One will never know for sure. That is where you will either get lucky and have met a decent girl or be unlucky and are being taken adavntage of.

Khwaim,

How do not know that the investigator wasn't in collusion with the thai girl? Maybe he approached her and said give me so much baht and I will give a clean story..

The investigator picks up some extra money from the girl and girl while out that baht still continues to get money from you. A win win situation at least for those two....

Could it be possible?

You just never know.; maybe hired two investigaotrs independently and see if their two stories would have matched?

Cardinalblue

::

orandanodes.....are you trying to start trouble here? ::

My first thought was: "B/G, or non-B/G. But then reflecting further, it really doesn't matter.

Long distance does not work.

HT

Hi cb,

I agree with your opening comment.

Regarding investigators, again it is a matter of trust. Your solution should work - but doubles the cost. A risk factor from a different direction is making sure the girl does not know - which would be a big negative if she is being honest. That is the reason I have not gone ahead another time. One opinion I have seen stated is that if you need to hire an investigator, you don't trust her and should terminate the relationship without paying the cast of a check. An interesting point of view.

Khwai

.>>....are you trying to start trouble here<<

Absolutely not. Just trying to keep people reflecting on the difficulties with long distance relationships. the farangs commitment versus the TG's one. BG or not is not the issue here.

" Its not being mean - just being sensible. "

Well I have gone a step further. At the moment the Thai woman I am seeing is a hardworking office worker but unfortunately a broke one.

Having a few years experience with Thais under my belt I thought I would go double or nothing and bring up the issue of money myself.

I told her that I needed to confess to her that I am constantly broke and will never be one of those farangs who send their teeruks cash. Then I told her that I am mentioning it so we will never have the embarassment of having her ask me and me having to refuse.

So far her attitude has not changed to ne but it's early days yet. To be honest if money became a core issue I would let her go.

One option is to hire a detective to have a snoop around. I did this once and got a clean report. I have considered doing it again but not yet done it. Time is a factor here - eventually lies and deception are revealed

Hi Kwaim,

Not trying to cast any dispersions on your relationship whatsoever, but what sort of relationship is it where you would have to hire a detective in the first place? For me, relationships are based on trust, and if I had to go as far as hiring a detective, I'd be out of there a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

Fly P.

" How do you know you're the only one? What would you do if you find that this love of your life is exactly that for a few others like you."

You sort of answered your own question. Even if she was the most honest woman in the world, she is human and may see things differently with the passage of time.

If she is special to you then chances are that some other farang will find her special too. If you are not there she will have to make constant choices in regard to rejecting other offers.

The things she said to you the day you left may have come straight from the heart but things change when new opportunities arise.

This applies to bargirls and nonbargirls

Archived