What Women Want - - Issan Dreams

zanemay

Ask a katoey if he/she is accepted.

I think a jjsushi interview of a katoey is warranted.

1. Your name and addres please.

2. How long have you had feelings that you were a woman?

3. When did you first decide you wanted the boy next door?

4. Are you accepted by your employer at cassanova? WHat about your co-workers?

5. You really a katoey or just a clever thai dude lookin to scam an extra baht out of inattentive farang?

6. Are you post-op?

7. Did it hurt?

8. You got time for a smoke?

:grinyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for number 8:

http://kim-lertsubin.com/nudomsak/

(would you spot her as a katoey? -- I probably wouldn't)

There are actually serious sites that deals with transgender in Thailand. Here an excerpt from one:

Writers - whether in newspapers, magazines, or journals - tend to paint the same, simplified picture: Thailand is an open, tolerant society, in which gay men, drag queens and transsexuals have it easy and live in harmony with their fellow citizens.

My own experiences both as resident and researcher in Thailand, however, have given me reason to doubt this rosy scenario.

More here: http://home.att.net/%7Eleela2/

Yes, i am saying that men who have become totally women can participate in many aspects of society, given the usual pluses or limitations of education, connections, etc.... Certain reponsibilities may be closed to them, due to fear that the office they occupy may not ring serious with foreigners, like high political offices or international trade management. There are many groups in Thailand who are the butt of jokes by comedians (farangs being one), or whose merit is not given their due (women in high political offices). Transgendered may indeed not be totally accepted, or totally rejected. Thailand's set of complex relational rules allows to navigate thru society as long as you are aware of how to represent yourself and act with your vis-a-vis. i think transgendered are not exempt nor ignorant of them.

And like any minority, they need to be aware or cautious at time that they do not belong to....well, the majority.

Says MaiLuk:

BTW, great post zane
:up:

Hello Fellows,

I've been out of town for a few days and the responses kind of ran away on me. Glad to see so many and thanks for all the complimentary feedback. I will keep writing as long as I have something to write about, no worries there.

First I'd like to say, if you are interested in Thailand and get an invite to Issan or any girl's home, go. Don't be dissuaded by people who would have you believe you are carrying some kind of "tremendous responsibility" - like you are taking her life in your hands. You know, some people have such a grim view of everything! Last time I talked to my little friend she was sitting in front of the TV in her family home, well-loved by family, friends and home-town villagers. Not "her name and face is destroeyd, and you can easily be the main reason for that girl slipping into full-time prostitution. the only way to counterbalance such a lost reputation is by earning a lot of money, and given the social situation." What a total crock that is!!

And this business about - Well, I don't have time to write anything myself, but if someone takes 20 hours to write a piece, I will take a few minutes to attempt to tear it and him to shreds. I'm just a critic not a writer. All the polite feedback he got for that - you fellows are to be commended for diplomacy!

And puleeeze!! He tried to throw me a bone to make me think I was coming around to his level of awareness or something: "you slowly start getting the hang of it, only a few very obvious misinterpretitions this time." Barf!! (Nice spelling by the way Mr Literacy!)

Anyway...getting back to the topic in some size, shape or form...

(next post) -->>

Thanks guys,

Zane

Says jjsushi:

Says zanemay:

Of course it?s not really all that fast or artificial. And BTW ? I don?t know a great deal about Lady Boys, but I do know that there is only one way to begin to understand them: Try to get over your prejudices and hang-ups (that wasn?t easy for me) and believe this: they are girls. Not gays, not fags, not just guys trying really hard to look like women. They think of themselves as women. They are women - with dicks and more testerone than a lot of us have, granted - but they are women. Some legal complications with the ID card, but that?s about it. They hold down respectable jobs and are acknowledged in all the media.

Zane May

Sorry Dude but I don't see ladyboys holding down jobs in the "respectable" part of Thai society or as you put it "respectable jobs". You may see them in hair salons and fashion type venues but you sure as hell won't see them working for the government ministries or at a bank.

JJS and other who have weighed in on the Ladyboy topic,

There are at least a couple LB's working at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital in Pattaya. There is a greeter and a cashier in the pharmacy - both kind of masculine looking in their lady's business skirts and outfits. They seem as regular as any other staff members there. And given that B-P Hospital is affiliated with Bumringrad in BKK, one might speculate that they have similar employment policies?

I see another one working everyday in the market near my hotel, nothing provactive at all about her. Just a food service girl. Not very feminine.

But I don't understand Thai well enough to know what is being said about LB's when they are depicted in the media. I see one in a soap opera that looks pretty serious, but she has a farang live-in mate and so that may well be satire.

I know Joop told me we were going out with her friend Bee and some others and she didn't forewarn me that Bee was a Katoey. Bee was just a good friend, apparently the same as her other friends.

I also take the point that LB's don't rise right to the top. I'm not a lover of LB's in any sense, so I'm not promoting them. Trying to understand the phenomenon, especially when I see it in a small town completely removed from tourist centers or any form of sex trade.

Zane

>>>(Nice spelling by the way Mr Literacy!)<<<

>>>What a total crock that is!!<<<

uh, mr. sensitive.... ;)

you put up some piece - you should be prepared for criticism. just because it takes you 20 hours to put up some shite, it still is shite. i am not taking part in some little communal jerking off party here just so you can have your ego polished.

and to your points:

>>>Not "her name and face is destroeyd, and you can easily be the main reason for that girl slipping into full-time prostitution. the only way to counterbalance such a lost reputation is by earning a lot of money, and given the social situation." What a total crock that is!!<<<

just because you speak miserable thai, have came here as a sextourist for the last three years, and just made your first holiday upcountry makes you not what i would call an expert. it would do you better service to listen to people who have actually lived in villages.

>>>(Nice spelling by the way Mr Literacy!)<<<

nice, nice, nice...

i guess it did not jump in your mind that not everybody is a native english speaker.

Archived