What Women Want - - Issan Dreams

zanemay

[color:"red"] The Romantic Hearts of Issan

[/color]

I finally read this thread.

The dream of a young girl is not that much differrent from all others in the same social background. That is to find a good husband and a "farang" can be a knight, after all they seem to be making more money than their counterparts (other Isaan guys). So she is not hanging around Thai guys, eh?

I don't blame the women on their dreams and desire but I have a problem when ones just think about "husbands" as a means to reach some goals, being a new house for parents, bank accounts or whatever. I strongly believe that women can find a means to get a goal, may not be instantaneous or exactly the way ones want, and it takes hard work and planning. And, IMO, a "farang" is not always a knight, darn, what can you tell these women. ::

Perhaps, that is a planning, get a "rich farang" :rolleyes::

Jasmine :devil:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Jasmine,

Thanks for your opinions.

It was interesting that Joop never asked me for money for her family while I was visiting. I fully expected her to - I thought there might be some sick buffalo or two in the wings. Since I thought my role was to spread some money around, I offered her money to give her mother a couple of times. The first time she was confused: "Why!?" But she took it and passed it on. I don't think Joop is thinking about money or a better life when she thinks about marriage. She lives a good life as it is. She's happy at home in her moo ban.

Zane

Archived