SiLeakHunt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, OK, sayjann,

let's take you through the routine of getting yourself an avatar.

Now, after you have logged in, click on 'MY HOME' at the top of the screen.

When YOUR HOME has downloaded, scroll down the screen until you see the MAIN CONFIGURATION section and click on the EDIT link on the far right hand side of your PERSONAL INFORMATION line.

Now comes the critical bit.

You will see at the top of the screen EDIT PROFILE FOR SAYJANN, or I hope so, then just scroll down until you see the text "URL to your picture (80x80 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted)".

Now this is your avatar link, so to give it a try, type (or cut and paste) the following in:

http://www.pig.com/pig.gif

Then click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the screen, and voila, you should now have an avatar.

All you gotta do now is find something more appropriate that you like and change the picture url (as above) to your preferred one. (I still think that my link was pretty suitable though :grinyes:)

Hope this helps!!

thanks BB.

i followed your instructions and no problem,except.....

when i went to your link,nothing seemed to happen,but i now see i have a box with a cross in it.....excitement.... ::......more than what i had before.

i must be getting there i guess..... :hubba:

i wanted to choose an avatar from my personal stash of photos,but i understand i need to downsize?.

don't know where to start or what to do from now on,need help fellas.... ::

forgive me for my ignorance,i'm just a simple country boy who has just discovered electricity and computers along with that funny round thing you put on your chariot to make it go forward.

will any of them catch on?.......?

hey.........

got an avatar,thanks BB and PM.

but as PM says,do i really a big pink pink as my avatar?.

i don't think so(thanks anyway BB for the example,owe you a beer when i see you next).

so folks anyone know of a website which has plenty of examples of avatars so that i can make a choice?.

and if i want to pick one from the stash of my own private photos,how do i go about that?.

Says sayjann:

hey.........

got an avatar,thanks BB and PM.

but as PM says,do i really a big pink pink as my avatar?.

i don't think so(thanks anyway BB for the example,owe you a beer when i see you next).

so folks anyone know of a website which has plenty of examples of avatars so that i can make a choice?.

and if i want to pick one from the stash of my own private photos,how do i go about that?.

Sayjann,

Not because I pity you with that pig, but because I pity all the other members having to see that, I pass you a good site with hundreds of avatars !

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/

Have a look, choose, select one, click right on properties, copy the link, go to my home bla bla bla and paste it there instead of the pig........

Capiche ? ok then, mine's a beer :beer:

Cheers !

Archived