Prices set to fall....

jacko

[color:"red"] Now whether that will cause the brain trust that runs NEP bars to lower prices is a completly different matter [/color]

Surely you know that the Thai economics methodology says that when times are quiet, less money coming in, prices must go UP to compensate.

If the dollar weakens, well that means the costs have gone up in dollar terms and so prices must go up.

If the dollar strengthens, prices must go up to compensate for the lower dollar income and perceived lower prices.

Thank heaven for freelancers, haggling and desperation. :beer:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jacko:

[color:"red"] Now whether that will cause the brain trust that runs NEP bars to lower prices is a completly different matter
[/color]

Surely you know that the Thai economics methodology says that when times are quiet, less money coming in, prices must go UP to compensate.

Spot on. The brain trust is in full flow.

At the weekend I went into the Hollywood bars on top floor NEP. A Vodka and Coke is up to a 120B now and the customers were few and far between. The bucking bronco is good for about 10 seconds distraction before the sight of another drunken falang being thrown of loses its attraction. I wonder if someone has already thrown up after being on it? If not, I can bet its not far away. Mind you, when the girls in their costumes try, its quite fun - the thought of those brown legs gripping me the same way they grip the bull.... :devil::grinyes: :hubba:

COLD SHOWER NURSE PLEASE ! Sorry, got carried away there.

I dont think the dancing girls like it because when one came off the stage she said why I look at bull and not girls ? valid point.

The other strange thing is that Erotica, the new place thats just opened on the first and a half floor is still 110B but the till receipt says Hollywood1. Same Owner? Oh well. The girls there were not bad, no stunners though.

Ah well, all I can say is that the 'benefits' I felt from the 1997 Far East crash, where the baht lost a chunk of it's value have been wiped out.

My universal currency base being a bottle of beer in a go-go.

Back up to two pounds sterling (three dollars) again!

And before somebody whines on about how it would be five bucks in the USA. I say, it is only 2 bucks in Mexico! :beer:

Does the bucking bull have a head on it or is it just the torso? Because I would revel in replying "bull more pretty" if asked [color:"red"] why I look at bull and not girls ? [/color] :devil:

The bull does have a head with horns, so if you survive delivering that line, :cover: let us know.

By the way, the rope that you hang onto on the bull is only about 2 inches or so. Hmm, that wouldnt be so that they can cut the number of drinks they give away would it ?

NB For 90B, if you stay on for 60 seconds, you get a free drink ( er, hang on, you pay 90B so its not free, right? )

So, for the benefit of saving about 30 baht on your beer you have to endure having a gallon of various alcoholic mix violently sloshed around in your stomach, and a pint or two in your bladder bashed against it, whilst holding on for dear life to a 2 inch rope.

I must be getting old........... :: :drunk:

:down:

Prices dropping. It appears more girls are working for themself. Their labor no longer pays the toot, the Mamasan, the pimp, etc. but goes directly to their pocket. Doing it this way, they can increase their income in some case by a factor of 5. Some have been quoting prices which include taxi, short time hotel, and short time. Some of the real nice looking ones are now available for as little as 700 baht (package deal). Shop around, and the price is lower. Good for them, good for us. Variety is truly the spice of life.

Yes, all the Crown bars now charge 125B minimum for a beer! Considering most of their bars looked fairly empty of punters last night it looks like a move to be expected from them. Perhaps they'll have to put prices up even higher to make up lost custom!

The Voodoo mamasan tells me all the bars will charge 125B as they have an understanding between bars not to undercut each other! LOL!

I?ll be imbibing elsewhere I think where the drinks are more reasonably priced and girls better looking. Nice to see other bars that haven?t been closed by the cops in NEP at moment are keeping to the 90B through 110B range but Hollywood Strip (shut 5 days) and Hollywood 2 next door are 120B.

>all the Crown bars now charge 125B minimum for a beer! Considering most of their bars looked fairly empty of punters last night it looks like a move to be expected from them. Perhaps they'll have to put prices up even higher to make up lost custom!

Don Muang airport, past customs and passport control. Duty Free area. At vending machines or shops with fridges, prices are:

Heineken, can: 130Bht

Singha, can: 110Bht

Coke, can: 50Bht

And nobody is dancing nor showing butt/tits while you are drinking.

> Yes, all the Crown bars now charge 125B minimum for a beer! Considering most of their bars looked fairly empty of punters last night it looks like a move to be expected from them. Perhaps they'll have to put prices up even higher to make up lost custom!

I have read on another board that in Pattaya the gogs are now empty and many customers going to the bars instead. Girls are dressed anyway and THB 40 vs. THB 100 ++ is definitely more competitive.

Archived