Prices set to fall....

jacko

Big_Kahuna:

More and more, I'm just giving the bars a miss. I'll go out to them on special occasions with friends or when friends come into town or from out of the country, but the bar scene is getting too bad pricewise for drinks. Now I'll hang at a beer bar or 2, recently have come to enjoy Soi 22, but really I just tend now to call up or look for one of my regulars and if I want to drink, I'll drink in a room with her. Good show, too, and no worries about police shutting it down or making me piss in public. Screw the bars.

Yes i complete agree with you. :up:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I mentioned I don't particularly like draught beer so these specials don't entice me. I recall a few places having specials on all drinks to 9pm in NEP, I think it was 90 baht.. :cussing:

Still, the 10 and 20 baht Gin and Tonics in Hooties and Electric Blue in Pattaya managed to mess up my evening... :drunk::beer:

It is quite a mental tussle, the bar managers trying to maximise their profits and me struggling to reduce my expenditure while still maintaining the imbibement.

Looks like that NANA is becoming more and more the P.Burgos of Bangkok. I lived there for 6 months and never understood the concept of these bars. The had beer prices at 150PESO, lady drinks at 300 PESO and to buy a girl out you have to pay 10 lady drinks. With Angeles just 80 km away and plenty of freelancers or after-hours bargirls around, you hardly find any customer in most of the clubs. I never saw more then 10 guys in one club, and often was the only guest. And still they manage to survive somehow!!! May be that?s the direction the Crown Group is heading for

You are right Pasay Entertainment Complex and Rox Boulevard are more reasonable priced and of course there is still LA Cafe for freelancers. However you are wrong about Angeles. It is by far the place i ever been. Cheap drinks and full of nice young girls. You should give it try! If you like Nana (as it was 2 months ago) you will love Angeles. Not as many shows, but much more laid back atmospere.

Anyway the point I wanted to make is that I can't understand that the bars increase their prices again; especially in time of low season and crackdowns. They just did it twice over the last year. Please enlighten me what's the philosophy behind, because I don?t get it. In my opinion it will just further piss off the locals and few remaining tourists, who are still willing to visit the bars despite all this social order crap.

well for laid back LOS have PTY or a bit further a field Koh Kong/Sanukville & PhnomPenh.

of course angeles may be unique for you, while all the descriptions & oppinions I've heard just doesn't do it for me. Being a bit cheaper isn't just enough - it gotta be a complete package & for that I'm sure metro manila would suit me just fine even I've yet to venture beyond makati & still a phil virgin though :o

I'd much rather head south for Jakarta if I need to fly on expedition from BKK :rolleyes:

Or simply take in a complete different spice in e.g. Brazil etc.

Life's too short :banghead:

on the pricing strategy of NEP I can only speculate they're perhaps simply alligning prices for the upcoming high season well ahead of time :dunno:

anyways I've become less fixated about drink prices over time, while girls rates seem to increase only very very slowly if at all :up:

>Don Muang airport, past customs and passport control. Duty Free area. At vending machines or shops with fridges, prices are:

Heineken, can: 130Bht

Singha, can: 110Bht

Coke, can: 50Bht

And nobody is dancing nor showing butt/tits while you are drinking.<

Yes, well, in many Soi 22 bars, beer is 80 baht (55 on happy hour) and a sang thip/coke is 45-50 baht. No dancing, but fun (some even cute) girls who play "slap-n-tickle" with the best of them.

Funny that. One can drink in Soi 33 for far less than NEP nowadays (59 baht drafts are easy to find). Some bars there even do a nudie show, chix squirming about on pool tables, at certain times of the evening. Cannot say which as I do not want that to end (newver know who's lurking now).

To each their own I guess.

Cheers,

SD

Archived