Prices set to fall....

jacko

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> Pattaya the gogs are now empty and many customers going to the bars instead

Pattaya better value with 50B beers all night in some Go-Gos, but as pointed out before Pattaya ain?t Bangkok! Soi Cowoy seems good value at moment though. Even more meat on show. They also have a few Go-Go bars selling 60B beers in them all night!

The 50 baht beers in the Pattaya go-gos are for draft (draught) beer which I find tastes bloody awful. But, if you are not in there for the booze well WHAT A DEAL!

I don't recall seeing any places on Soi Cowboy selling 60 baht beers, where and what type of beer?

As people are already saying, 125 baht for a bottle of beer needs some serious entertainment to back it up! Well for me it does as I am a cheap charlie piss head. :clown::beer:

I see that the idiot who started this thread got it completely wrong, Stickman announced that the Crown group have rounded their prices UP to 125 baht . I think that they have a lot of 5 baht coins in their tills they need to get rid of.

A strange move to make during what is normally the slowest month - still high season is just around the corner and plenty of time to round up to 130 baht when all those 5 baht coins run out. :clown: Nobody notices what the beers cost at Christmas, when they are choking over the seasonal bar fines! :cover:

Soi Cowboy got me away from Patpong decades ago with better attitude and lower prices. NEP got my attention some years later with more 'on display' on the higher floors. I lost interest and started going 'straight to Pattaya' when the NEP beers were 80 baht, 2 UK pounds/ $3 then.

The currency collapse re-kindled my NEP days.

Perhaps time to start economising by taking a Limo straight to Pattaya from Don Muang again.

I hope a new 'fun alley' in Bangkok develops soon, as competition. :rolleyes:

More and more, I'm just giving the bars a miss. I'll go out to them on special occasions with friends or when friends come into town or from out of the country, but the bar scene is getting too bad pricewise for drinks. Now I'll hang at a beer bar or 2, recently have come to enjoy Soi 22, but really I just tend now to call up or look for one of my regulars and if I want to drink, I'll drink in a room with her. Good show, too, and no worries about police shutting it down or making me piss in public. Screw the bars.

Archived