recommend dentist?

hawaiijohn

I just went to my dentist here in Hawaii who wants $950 for a root canal and a crown. Since I'm coming to BKK next month, I thought about having the work done there at what I assume would be considerably less expense. Still, it's a tricky procedure and I was wondering what the experience is like with dentists for people living in Bangkok and what they would recommend.

$950 for a root canal and a crown? this is cheap! usually around $1000 for root canal and another $1000 for crown, if you are lucky and have any insurance, maybe they will cover 1/2... Do a search, there has been a lot of discussion on this topic. There is/was a good dentist in the basement of the Landmark, Dr. Ladda? and also Soi 49 dental clinic... Good work is not cheap in LOS, but definitely cheaper than in the USA. Also, Burumgrad (SP) hospital has a dental clinic...

I had a good experience with the President Park Dental Clinic on Sukhumvit Soi 24 across from the Pres. Park Hotel. Dentist got his degree from Tufts in Boston. My crown made of the best material (I forget the name) cost about $300.00 complete. That have a price list they can fax to you.

Tel 661 1156

fax 262 9417

Just went to see Dr Ladda at Landmark for same problem my Dentist in San Francisco wanted 900 for crown and 1180 for root canal on molar of course they would have to do a crown and post build up after root canal another 300 dollars for a total cost of 2380!Been seeing Doctor Ladda last 2 weeks root canal costs me 6000 baht the crown and post build up was 2500 baht i choose a crown of non precious metal 4500 baht for a grand total of 13,000 about 320 in US Dollars talk about savings it more then made up for my trip to Thailand.i highly recommend Dr Ladda she is very nice and honest some Dentit in Bangkok will hit you with hidden charges but she won't good luck

Hello i feel for you as im getting a nasty wake up call when it comes to Ortho work here in Canada.

8000$ canadian for braces, where as in Bkk 50, ooo baht max, add in upper and lower jaw surgery and my bill is getting real close to 16 k canadian

On Thursday, I had a damaged crown repaired in-place. It took 45 minutes for the dentist to paintakingly add all the layers of the repair and adjust the bite. The cost was a staggering $24.90. The entire process, starting with walking into the hospital cold and leaving after having paid my bill was just under an hour. No pain, no hassle, quick and good. I think this cost only about 1/2 of what I would have paid at Bumrungrad (based on earlier repairs).

I highly recommend this dentist. She speaks good English and seemed to mre more interested in doing the right thing for me than running up the bill. She even gave me a 6 month gurantee after she finsihed.

She is Nusara Siritanikonr, D.D.S. (ask for Dentist Nusara)

Thai Nakarin Hospital

345 Banga-Trad Road Km 3.5

Bangna, Bangkok 10260

Telephone 0-2361-2727, 0-2361-2728

fax 0-2361-2777, 0-2361-2888

They are just past Central Bangna ("Centon Bangna" for the taxi driver).

Good luck.

RickF

Archived