Does Your Thai Wife/GF..Waste Money in Falangland?

Torneyboy

[color:"red"] I actually find cut flowers to be quite tragic for the reason you stated. To me, watching them wilt, they are a constant reminder of how fleeting our lives are, and how quickly the "bloom" of youth fades.

[/color]

Do you realize that you are getting to the heart of Buddhism teachings? :hug::bow:

Cheers! :beer:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am one of those girl who bought the flowers, can't resist them.I don't think it is waste of the money because its got me a cheerful feeling when I look at them.The beauty is luxury thing.I think it is the same idea that when people have enough money they wanted to spending on art object, nice furnisture, one table could be cost 2000 $ while other are only 100 $ both are table,right?

Back to the question, I did spending his and my money with flowers, clothing, and some art objects with in reason amount of money.He might thought that I waste the bucks but I think there are very wise spend :)

[color:"red"] I don't think it is waste of the money because its got me a cheerful feeling when I look at them. [/color]

I am with you on that opinion. A waste of money is, like many other things, is a relative term. For me, life is way too short to worry about spending (depending on one's financial situations too) on trival things such as flowers.

Hubby still thinks flowers are a waste of money though so he'd rather buy things like chocolate on special occasions. I just buy the flowers myself when I feel like it, that is all. :D

Cheers! ::

Yes, the flowers are only pretty for a few days to a week, maybe that's why some people are prefer to buy the plastic flower that fake things are last forever with no charm or any scent.

I think one of the good part about the flowers is they only last for a few days, you can watching their change day by day then its time to get a new bunch again.If you are bored with the rose ,you go for orchid.If you tired of red next time try purple, open the window shade lets the light shining through then you feel refresh again.This is like a little perfume you can spray for your daily life.Will you still say it is waste? :)

Hi

Don''t get me wrong...i love flowers as well.

As i said i sent her a bunch of tulips once a week for months before we got married last year.

Just find the expense for the result is out of proportion imo.

Plastic is out of the question...would never have any in the house.

Ok...she has a big smile on her face when she comes home with flowers,which is great.

Maybe one bunch a week but not 4-6.

Could buy something pretty for herself and will last :dunno:

Archived