Who will win the 2003 RUGBY WORLD CUP ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The score was three points short of New Zealand's tournament record 145-17 win over Japan in 1995 but was by far the biggest winning margin.
It seems, Nz will make the race though. Tonight is England vs. Samoa (my bet: no problems for England, may be at least 4 points) and Argentina vs. Ireland (my bet: Very close win for Ireland with more than zero points for Argentina).

I like the sport. I have never seen a rugby match before (and of course without the knowledge of the rules), I saw the opening match, found it very attractive and when I have the time, I try to follow the (main) matches at least. They are shown live on Star Sports.

Hi peter,

Some good games..and the huge crowds at each match..is a very big success.

And to see all the fans in national colors etc gives the city a real fun feel about it.

My son works in a very popular pub in the cities CBD..many of the players come into the bar..he has been given many pins/flags...all good feeling for the public in general.

As we speak Argentina 15 Ireland 16,,,5 mins to go.

Congratulations to plucky little England in overcoming mighty Samoa and holding out for a shock win.

No doubt the Australian press press will have a field day and lets face it, in the first half England were crap, actually they were crap in the second half too, but pressure and fitness told and they were still comfortable winners at least as far as the scoreline showed.

That is why England will win the Cup, they have so much talent and can be totally awesome yet can pay badly and still win, they will have so much more to take out of their game than Australia will have after the Namibia match. South Africa will have to look out against Samoa and I wouldnt write off Ireland against Australia or Fiji against Scotland.

Very close win for Ireland with more than zero points for Argentina)

----------------------

Yep, one point only at match end, Ireland wins and will meet France in the quarters. Basically, we are going towards the predicted semi France-Australia. How confident are you guys, Aussues mainly, that Australia will win that one? If i say it's going to be up the players on that very day, with predictions on paper irrelevant, besides the Home advantage (not always probing, history shows), am i right?

Yep, the game was much closer than expected. Samoa was leading the game over a long period, even when being behind, a long time in the converted try range. England won the game in the last 10 minutes. However, at the end 4 points for England, as expected.

That is why England will win the Cup, they have so much talent and can be totally awesome yet can pay badly and still win,
So many English guys are telling me this same story :banghead: I think they will end up in the final though as they have a fairly easy draw till the final, They will have no hope in the final against the All Blacks or maybe Australia the team you can not right off at home, England have to many old over weight and tired players to win the final who will be knackered by the time they get there, they also rely on one player and should Wilkinson get injured they all may as well take the plane home early, England may need to play 16 players again like against Samoa to have a chance :grinyes: wonder what will happen about that, will they loose points or just get a smack on the hand and a reprimand :dunno:

If I am wrong the beers are on me after the final :up:

Archived