Who will win the 2003 RUGBY WORLD CUP ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The French squad are the subject of a sex ban imposed by the management, with all wives and girlfriends barred from their hotel.

The players are currently staying near Bondi Beach, where there is more bare flesh on show than a butcher's window, but they are under strict instructions not to consort with the locals.

Should France progress to the semi-finals, however, the sex ban will be lifted - just in time for the expected showdown with England.

Interesting strategy. I wonder about the motivation to lift it for the semi-finals??

Hi Racha,

I do know one thing - if I wanted a team to concentrate solely on the task at hand, I wouldnt billet them at 'Bondage' Beach ! Plant them in some nondescript hotel near Aussie Stadium (Homebush is a *long* way from Bondi, esp in traffic ....) and let them concentrate on the upcoming big games. Bondi is more suited to the Caffe Latte set than rough'n'tough Rubgy players - there will be plenty of time for bagels and boobies after the Cup.

PS I particularly like the photo accompanying the article - thats one 'physiotherapist' who is prepared to go the extra mile to keep her team happy :grinyes:

Hi

Oz beat Ireland last night...by one point....Ireland should have won if they kicked all the gaol attempts.

OZ....please hold onto the BALL!!!

Pathetic...sooner they are out the better..nail biting stuff however.

So Oz play Scotland and ireland play france..good luck.

Tonight 13 mins to go All Blacks one point in front of Wales..good game....hope wales get up.

A real feast of Rugby over the weekend with Australia holding off Ireland, great defence and too much poor decision making and ball handling by the Irish, and Scotland just fending off Fiji.

England v Uruguay held no suprises but what a game between Wales and the All Blacks. I thought 2 of the Kiwi tries were dead dodgy, Ali Williams was about 5 yards offside when Spencer kicked and Howlett was the recipient of a forward pass. The quarters look really good, roll on next weekend.

Hi

What about the forward pass for the NZ last try!!!

Someone needs glasses???

Wales should have won..?

Ok...now the games hot up...still worry about France..they look good at the moment.

South Africa had a good win....all up in the air at the minute...Oz need to do some basic training ..in lineouts and how to hang onto the F** ball.

Hi,

As a League fan from the age of 8, I find a lot of the Rugby passes, particularly close to the line, to be extremely *suspect* to put it mildly ! It seems as though officials are prepared to let it go in order to promote more flow and the resulting exciting games, and I can appreciate that, but when it is the World Cup, I really have to question this practice.

As for Australia-Ireland, I believe that the Wallabies were very lucky to come away with the win. I didnt see much to lead me to believe that they can get up over the All Blacks or England, although it was good to see them repeatedly forced to defend their tryline : thats much better preparation than having the backs run in try after try over second-string teams. Full kudos to the Ireland team, tho - I didnt realise just how good they are, and they dont get anything like the kind of *money* on offer to the Wallabies. I dont believe that there are any truly *amateur* teams in the top 10, but the paypackets vary widely from Jonny Wilkenson down.

Archived