Chicken Feet

Torneyboy

[color:"red"] Always reminded me of that nice tropical dinner good old Indiana Jones declined in 'The Temple of Doom'(?) [/color]

That reminds about the fights I had with my brother over fish'eyes when I was growing up. The fish eyes are from the "Pla Too" which were steam first and many times the eyes were missing or just one eye attached. I hated the fish eyes but knowing my brother loved them so I fought to keep them, mostly gave them to the dogs later :devil:

I teased him about that issue the last time I was in Thailand, he said he knew that I was being bad!!

Chicken feet, I can handle them, chicken's rears, I don't know!!! ::

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Or Rocky Mountain Oysters ?

[/color]

Ahh, Mountain Oysters, I made a boo boo on that one. Those days I travelled for work a lot, ending up in Oklahoma. Was invited to dinner by a couple folks at work, one menu was mountain oysters. Jasmine didn't hear anything but the word "oysters" and thought nothing of it. They were serve sliced in a white sauce and was delicious, never found out what they were until days later. No problem.

Jasmine

[color:"red"]In Hong Kong I ate them several times. They're a part of Cantonese 'Dim Sum' dishes and they taste delicious.

[/color]

I agree but I tried not to eat them when Hubby is with me.

I like the deboned ones in a hot, spicy salad.

Because I am married to a man who is not adventurous on food, I try not to eat things he finds repulsive with him. After all these years, his tolerance seems to get better but I do try to be sensitive of other's feelings. So no chicken food in my menu when I have guests or when Hubby and I eat together.

By the way, when I was in Univ. here, there was a Thai student who worked in a Fried chicken place who would bring around lots of fried chicken rears, wing tips and feet and they were a treat for us, poor students. His manager was very kind to let him take those parts, even let him cook them in the shop and all those were for free.

Jasmine

Archived