The Dilemna who is Miss Red...

Redbaron

We met in the California Bar, a soi 10 beer bar almost a year ago. I'd recently split up with the ex, and was still reeling from my first trip to Pattaya, an alcohol soaked recovery with a few other originals from the London contingient, a few new "members", some hangers on and a shit load of beer. It was here I was delighted to meet the esteemed Mr P127, followed by the deranged Mr N 400 who colluded with Mr C 65 (at the time) to try and drink the entire stockhold of booze from the shelves. We failed, but had a good time trying. It was all in the name of therapy.

Eventually, back in Bangkok, Carew led me to the Soi 10 bars, where the future Miss Red was to be met. We hardly talked that night, as the ex had dropped by, to make sure my liver wasn't totally pickled (bless her), but Carew had "found one" as you do in Thailand, and we had to return the next night, and the next, and the next.

The time I spent with Miss Red was great. Not earth shattering as we knew it was a "holiday romance", but I genuinely believe she had a good time. She refused money, insisting the barfine and meals together was more than enough and if I liked she could take some time off work to save me this fee. Of course she insisted she was the "cashier" and I was the only customer she'd slept with, but her English skills as well as her "bedroom olympic capabilities" were a bit higher than I imagine someone straight off the farm would have. To be fair, she did have a higher education than normal, and wasn't from a rural area. I still doubted I was her first farang, but if she wanted to play the innocent, that was fine by me.

Eventually I left Thailand, with the plans to return (to catch up with the lads of course) in May. We exchanged phone numbers, and I gave her my email address. At this stage I didn't expect much in the way of communication between us.

On return to farangland, we kept in contact daily. Not a day went by when we didn't send each other SMS messages, emails, or phone calls. After 2 weeks, soi 10 was demolished, and she got a job with her aunt in an office. She also moved in with her aunt to save on rent. There was no reason not to believe this, as whenever I called her at night there was no background noise, other than maybe the TV, radio or her aunt. I also caught her at work a few times and the background was typical of an office. I genuinely thought at that stage she had decided against working in a bar.

Eventually the time came for my return, and as promised she met me at the airport and, apart from her losing her phone in a taxi, we had a great holiday together. Met the family, caught up with the lads and did side trips to Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi. Life was pretty good. She didn't like the idea of going to the bars but enjoyed Gullivers (where she met a few of the lads) as well as the Cathouse where she hit it off with the infamous mamasan there. She also really got on well with Rusty's better half at the time which made things a bit easier as she never seemed to click with any of the other lads' "girlfriends".

During the entire trip money was never an issue, sanuk seemed to be the name of the game, and we were winning. All was better than ever, as we applied for the visa for Australia. We got it.... easy peasy. She even seemed to get on well with the girls at the embassy. They all were genuinely happy for us, and obviously saw us as a couple in love.

The plan was for her to come here for the 3 months she was allowed. At first everything was great, but after 2 weeks she started getting phone calls from Thailand, from a guy I'm told was her uncle. Her mum was getting worse (she had been diagnosed with cancer twice before, and had been on her third lapse for quite some time), and her family wanted her back. She was furious at this as they had promised to take good care of her mum while she was gone. After many calls, she was told, "If you don't come back now, you'll regret it forever." She insisted she stay longer with me, but I made the suggestion she return if all was dire with her mum. I was given the impression her mum was on her deathbed. She left for home after 4 weeks in Australia. She promised to email me with what was going on withing a days of landing.

10 days later I get the usual, "I miss you so much" email, along with the number to call. The new number was great as it was a landline and wouldn't cost me a fortune to call so we spent hours on the phone those first few weeks.

After a month, I get a call from some Asian guy (not sure if he was Thai) in the middle of the night saying to leave his wife alone, and if I continued to call her and send money he'd make "a big problem for me and her". He also told me she was only with me for the cash. As I was weary from being woken up so late I didn't say much, just "OK". If she did have a husband, I didn't want to cause her any problems, so I didn't tell him I'd never sent money, and didn't know she was hitched. The next day I sent her an email asking what happened, and if she was happy with this guy I wish her the best of luck.

She called back proclaiming her undying love for me and she had no idea who this bloke was. And did he know anything about her? I put it down to either a jealous exboyfriend, or customer, or a bit of sabotage by the ex. Before the phone call I hadn't heard from her for a full 2 weeks, a record.

For the next month I found it increasingly hard to catch her at home. Something which had never happened in the past. She insisted there was a problem with the phones. Eventually the problem was sorted. Then another pause of 2 weeks, (Another customer?) and a phone call from this guy again asking why I didn't listen to him, and more threats. I asked him to prove he knew her, and he told me a few things anyone who knew her would know. (Her name, where she was born, but nothing too personal. He hung up when I asked him other things like her mum's, brother's or aunts' names - things a husband would know).

2 weeks later... I call her and a guy answers. Not unusual as she lives in an apartment where the calls are put through to her room, but he doesn't put the call through, she is there with him. She tells me she is cooking and hangs up. I call back a few times but it seems the phone is lifted and replaced on the receiver each time. Later that night we chat online (via MSN) and she says the phone was having problems again and I should call back tomorrow. We continue to chat via MSN for a bit but she doesn't answer any concerns. She hints that she is bored and her aunt doesn't know what it is she wants to do. I ask her what she wants to do several times, but she dodges the topic, and eventually has to leave.

I call back the next night, as requested and we chat for half an hour. At the end she makes an unusual request... She wants me to sing to her. I laugh as she often says silly things like this, but she's insistent, so I do. She says she doesn't believe it was me singing and hangs up. I call back, immediately, but the lady on the reception says she's not there and hangs up.

That was 2 weeks ago. I have called back a few times to be told she's not there, or upon hearing my voice they hang up, and don't answer on subsequent calls.

I don't know the story here. Maybe she's working the bar. Maybe she's back with her ex. Maybe she's out having a good time, who knows? I suspect she wasn't impressed with farangland, and prefered the partyzone which is Thailand, although she didn't seem to enjoy the nightlife when we were there together. From the day we first met, it must be said, even though she was in a bar, money was never an issue. There's never been any requests, or hints, even when I attempted to give her some. If there was I could see where I went wrong. In almost a year, the only big expenditure was her flight to Australia, which didn't cost me a cent as I used my frequent flyer miles. Everything else was small time (general holiday expenses.... hotels, food, a few t shirts etc etc), nothing major.

I just hope she's OK, and happy doing what she's doing. Gee I miss her though.

Thanks for listening, and letting me get this off my chest.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTM,

Thanks for taking the time to have a glance. It's been a while coming I feel. Who knows, but I'll bet my last dollar she'll be in contact again soon enough, with another excuse... Who knows.

Nah, I'm not bitter, it's not my style. We had an absolutely fantastic time together, I hope she feels the same way. For that I'm grateful.

Could have been so much worse had it happened later I suppose. Next time? Who knows, but I doubt it.

Love the tag line BTW.

Cheers

Red,

Thanks for sharing your story.

It does seem you have questions left, nothing else, no love, no bitterness, no desperation........

I hope for you she is fine, but maybe better she just dissapears from your life, who knows what the next encounter will bring ?

Take care !

Cheers !

Ach - Red, what can I say mate? Look, Christmas this year and we'll do it all again right? I'll tell you about some of the shit that I'm standing in and I guarantee you'll feel better. Then - we'll hit the town.

Let's not go looking for love though eh? We can do a Stadtler and Waldorf at the raised tables at the back of the Biergarten.

Think Nana Disco and Sangtip and lipo.

"My penis still works and I have money for the beer" That's what the man said. Let us live by the Mao of Mark - fuck the lot of 'em. Fuck 'em.

Red, sorry to hear things did not work out as might have been hoped for & I'm afraid I don't see any serious future going to happen with this woman.

Still I'm sure it was a great experience & I guess you should just take it as that & perhaps remain friends with the girl at most :o

Xmas break & AGM coming up shortly & I guess I may be giving love a chance this time around even I'm slightly unsure how that would work together with all the usual naughty stuff I wanna cram into the usual 2-3 weeks...

Cheers

Thanks for sharing. :bow:

Yes, a bit strange, not in actions persay, but motivation. Perhaps you were her attempt at trying to live the "Got a Farang" fantasy. The trip downunder, not living up to her expectations, pressures from home...well, I'm sure she had a good time for most of the time you spent together. Glad you did as well.

Refreshing to see some sane maturity on these relationships. They can often leave us shaking out heads, but no need to bang them against a wall.

We'll share a beer and stories over the holidays........... :beer:

Archived