Just who do they think they are??

Just a few thoughts on my two different experience with members of this board.

Having been in BKK a couple of months ago, I along with Carew, ChrisG and Red Baron went to Gullivers for a meet with the guys who live out in BKK. What an ignorant bunch of jerks, who are clearly so far up their own asses that they can't see a thing. The only person who introduced himself was Stonesoup. the rest just sat their involved in their conversations, not even bothering to look up - no intros, not a word. I was to say the very least, Gobsmacked. Just who the hell do you think you are?.

On my return to London, I needed to go into hospital for some surgery, which kinda put me out of the loop for a few weeks. however, I have since been invited to, and have attended a meeting of the London Contingent. What a huge difference. Introductions all round, can we get you a beer statesman, etc.

Come Christmas, screw the locals, I'll be chilling with the London boys. As for you English teachers, earning your 50 Baht a month, enjoy each other's company, because, I reckon that's all you'll get.

For the London Contingent, thanks guys for your warm welcome and your company, I really enjoyed myself....see you all again tonight (Friday)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very rough statement for a statesman! :shhh:

But I do have to admit, that I experienced a bit the same at a few Woodstock meetings. :doah:

Been a comunicative dude (meaning: I love talking people to death :neener:) I introduced myself and had a great time. :beer:

Guess some people are diffrent when they are not behind their keyboard but face to face with real people. :dunno:

Others aren't. I enjoyed meeting Belgian Boy, P127, Leo Tex, ib13 and a few more! :bow:

To bad I can no meet with anyone at Gullivers, as I am flying directly to Samui on the 17th (in 6 days!!) and be leaving Friday noon back to Krautland (the 31st). :down:

MaW

LAMAI - Weekeeendaeeeer!.

Hope to meet up with Limbo and a few others. :bow:

I am pretty happy, that I changed my plans form 4BKK-7Lamai-3BKK to 10Lamai-4BKK two weeks ago, as they seem to be serious with shutting everything down during APEG. :up:

Will stay in touch with the board, if they do not reopen, I stay in Lamai. :nono:

Food at Lamai-Food-Market, Music at the Roadhouse (great dutch owner, love this guy), Flirts at the many bars = How can life be better! :applause:

MaW

Hi!

You're not the only one that has experienced that although in my case it was at a Woodstock meeting.

As for you English teachers, earning your 50 Baht a month,

Are you sure they make that much? If they do they could manage to go out and have a beer every second month providing that they are good at cutting costs in other areas.

:grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I'm hoping to meet some of the London blokes myself around xmas/new year.

In fairness I can understand the regulars at Woodstock / Gulivers probably see 100's if not 1000's of people popping in.

However good manners dictate that one is friendly and hospitable, there's never an excuse for poor manners or making someone feel uncomfortable if they have taken the time out to visit

I havent been to any meetings, I generally find I am too busy when I am there, however I'm looking forward to seeing a few people, on Samui, Bkk, Pattaya.

STH :beer:

Statesman,

A hard statement........ but not fair to judge everybody the same way.

First, did you introduce yourselve ??? not mentionned in your post......

I always introduce myselve when i see a new face, I remember the first time how hard it was to approuch a bunch of unknows.....

Then, not all are teachers :) you made me smile there.....

Also, most times, some outsiders ( read not living in BKK ) are also there, it is not only a bunch of regulars, always new faces.....

Then, look at it from their side.... each week fresh faces, get up and ask who they are ? better introduce yourselve, easier.......

This year I have / will attend about 4-5 meetings, I know the regulars, and I do greet the new faces.

See ya there.

Cheers !

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

. Hows that Angor Wat white elephant thing going on, is it doing any business?

STH
:D

:: :: ::

You lost me there mate? What business???

The only white thing I see nowadays are white mice :drunk:

No really, do not know what you were talking about. Lighten me up!

CU

MaW

Archived