Just who do they think they are??

Interesting your take on the meeting. I've only been to two (usually busy, sure you'll understand) but both were ok. There is a little "I'm a regular you're a newbie" stuff going on but guys are guys, whether it's the west end or Soi 5. Some people are just more open then others. Glad you feel at home with the Londoners.

Smitty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

BB--I'm curious to go to Gullivers but I am apprehensive as I dont really want to end up feeling like Nobby no mates ::--might end up like the scene in 'American Werewolf in London' when the two young American back packers seek refuge in a Yorkshire Moor pub ('Slaughtered Lamb' if my memory serves me?) and the whole pub goes quiet......actually in my short LOS stays I don?t have much time so it really is just about priorities and beach time is my priority ::

Visualise the scene, you are driving down Lamai high street, you pass the Bauhaus on your right and you continue up the road. The road veers right sharply ( there is a beer bar on the bend) you drive up and then come to a cross roads. You turn right and shortly on the left there is a nighlife complex like Angor Wat.

Hows that place doing????

:cover:

STH

Phil,

Its all about your own personality, dont you think so ????

Just an example here, WhitOrchid attended a meeting in august, all knew she was there and she acted with the usual Thai shyness.

So, if you would show up with a hairy chest and a skirt, yes, believe me, you would impress the regulars :)

Cheers !

Guest lazyphil

<<Your correct it is the Slaughtered Lamb, good film especially the nurse in it! :hubba:>>

Yes she was very fit!!--Do you remember the nurse in 'Nighmare on Elm Street', the scene in a mental hospital where one of the screwed up kids is staying and a most spectacular blonde nurse goes to seduce him but she turns out to be 'Freddie' instead...that really pissed me off because she had just got her jugs out :cussing:

Guest lazyphil

<<Its all about your own personality, dont you think so ????>>

Yes!!--and I dont have one :banghead:

Has there ever been a good old fashioned drunken bar brawl at Gullivers?? :grinyes:

Hi,

Posts like this piss me off.

Let me guess, you showed up, sat down without introducing yourself, did not try to join any of the conversations and left pissed off because none of us bothered to totally ignore their current conversation to take you by the hand and introduce you to everybody.

Am I close?

Why don't I ever here these kind of comments from those that introduce themselves and join in the conversation? Oh, I know, they don't feel this way as they find out who we are, rather than just making assumptions based on one brief encounter.

May I suggest that next time you introduce yourself and join in before bitching here (from behind the save anonimosity of your computer screen).

Sanuk!

lol BB, yes we did inteoduce ourselves, particularly as there were four of us, and as mentioned, it was only Stonesoup who could be bothered to chat to us....in fact I got so pissed off with their ignorance that I went off and played pool :cussing:,,on the plus side, I found tapeworm, so that was a result for me ::

Archived