Just who do they think they are??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be a jerk, khunsanuk, I'm 50 years of age and have spent the last 30 years of my life travelling around the world....do you seriously think I'm dumb enough to walk into an event like that, with three mates and not bother to introduce myself.

Says statesman1954:

lol BB, yes we did inteoduce ourselves, particularly as there were four of us, and as mentioned, it was only Stonesoup who could be bothered to chat to us....in fact I got so pissed off with their ignorance that I went off and played pool
:cussing:
,,on the plus side, I found tapeworm, so that was a result for me ::

SM,

I was sure not there, so cannot comment .....

But it does take both parties to make the effort...... first time I did bother everyone of them by introducing myself one by one, and by shaking their hands.

Yes, I did interrupt conversations and ongoing meals :) but I made sure I heard their names as well......

And yes, first time I was impressed meeting all that gang :)

I cannot understand if you introduce yourselves properly that people will not speak to you......

Cheers !

i remember my first visit to the wicked metropolis that is London to meet the Boys.

i arrived early at the KH and sat nursing a beer and looked around and there were few people.

i had been in touch privately with a couple of them but thaat was it.

i noticed one fella looking at me and i thought could he be one of the famous people i had heard about?.

i took the plunge and approached him and to my delight he turned out to be the esteemed Rusty.

the hands were shook and when other members arrived they all introduced themselves to me and a happy time was had that night.

i have made some good friends(you know who you are)and i am glad i decided to break the ice and attend one of the meetings........ :beer:

Hi,

"do you seriously think I'm dumb enough to walk into an event like that, with three mates and not bother to introduce myself."

Then I find it very hard to believe that nobody talked to you. Last week there were 2 first timers CDN and TigerMoth. After the introductions both spend the better part of the evening chatting with other members. And that is how things mostly turn out.

I also know for a fact that RedBaron has no problems, as him and I have spoken several times.

Sounds to me that there is more to this story. A very busy evening maybe.

Sanuk!

A lot comes down to personalities. Someone extrovert will fit right in anywhere he wishes, guys more shy or circumspect may need a little shoe-ing in. I think the woodstock corner did not help, as i remember some guys left alone, but there was just no place for them to sit down around a table.

And that famous special meeting of Dec 21 last year, it was planned for 3 months, but ended up with half of the regular posters having made other plans quite early that evening ::.

BB,

That night I met you at Woodstock, was only my second get together with the lads, and as P127 says, that little corner bit was a real pain in the arse to fit in. On that given night there were dozens of us around, and it was pretty hard to work out who was with who.

I met Statesman for the first time on the night in question (GT's) through a mutual friend (Carew). Statesman is a pretty easy going bloke, and not the shy type so I doubt he failed to introduce himself. Carew as well isn't known for being short of something to say (!) and I'm sure he introduced him as well. Hard to say what happened...

Sounds to me that there is more to this story. A very busy evening maybe.

This could be it KS. It was the height of the high season (just before or after xmas) and most of the GT meetings I attended (I was in the region November to January, probably turned up half a dozen times) the tables by the windows weren't enough to accomodate everyone. Some great nights were had.

Also, from memory there was a No Smoking policy in that section of GT's... as it was essentially part of the restaurant section of the venue. I remember Statesman, Carew and myself (being heavy smokers) would often venture to the pool table end to indulge in our filthy habits and peruse the scenery.

Archived