D-Tac Tower Resaurant

stumpy

Hi, anyone eat in the D Tac tower restaurant? I know it's not D Tac but I can't remember the correct name and everyone will know where I mean :)

Would appreciate views on menu and prices and what floor the restaurant is on and is it the one that rotates?

TIA,

SD.

I for one am not sure which one you mean...(though I strongly suspect one place in particular)....there are, at least, two buildings with large DTAC advertisements: One at Sathorn Rd and -- the one you're thinking about -- Bayoike Tower (II?) in Pratu Nam. Don't know much about the latter however... it's 100+ baht to just take the elevator, that much I know....

Stump,

Maybe you mean Tha Bayoke Tower restaurant ?

Was there last year with the GF.

View sucked cos it was dark, raining and dirty windows...... Food is long buffets with assorted very average food, and at 650 Bt per person, that sucks too :(

Plus there is a waiting list, and as we had a long taxi drive there, we stayed...... pay all downstairs, go up to discover that you made a mistake.

If you are in the neighbourhood in daytime, go up for the view, otherwise I could recomment lots of better places in BKK :)

Thread to go to food, no ?

Cheers !

Says BelgianBoy:

Plus there is a waiting list, and as we had a long taxi drive there, we stayed...... pay all downstairs, go up to discover that you made a mistake.

If you are in the neighbourhood in daytime, go up for the view, otherwise I could recomment lots of better places in BKK
:)

Yes, I would suspect that too (having only been in Bayoike daytime though) If you're looking for a view and have a bit of dosh to spare...make your self a favor and go to Vertigo restaurant (Westin Banyan Tree, Sathorn Road) on a lovely weather evening. You won't regret it. It may even the best thing money can buy in the whole of the big Mango! (no shit!!)

Some Info and Pics Here

'

EDIT: corrected some stuff, though Bayioke still done wrong above...

I agee. Food not so good. Too many kids running around, and disney type characters. Not romantic.

MUCH MUCH better is Vertigo as recommended by Straycat. That is a top notch place. Great food. Great atmosphere. Only problem is each time I went there the taxi tried to take me to Bayoke, vice Banyon. Make sure you can descibe the location and check to see where they drop you off (you want teh Westin). Part of the problem is that it changed names not too long ago. Don't recall what it was before.

Archived