Any recommendations on a digital movie camera?

New Petchburi Pete

Thanks for the excellent link re still cameras. Prices seem to be cheaper than in Australian duty free, although maybe because the A$ doing well at the moment.

Do you know if they do VAT tax refund paperwork for tourists so you can reclaim tax at the airport.

Thanks for your help.

>Do you know if they do VAT tax refund paperwork for tourists so you can reclaim tax at the airport

You would have to ask on VAT reduction. I have made purchases before through cheap agents like these and they tend to not get involved with the VAT paperwork. A recent camera I bought was a boxed unit for the Japanese market - not found in Thai shops, so I am not sure of it's legality on the imported market.

Hi Pete,

I don't know squat about digital video camcorders, but I know a slick as snot gadget when I see one. Such is the case with the Panasonic D-snap model SV-AV100 "credit card size" digital camcorder that I spotted recently. Not cheap at $1000, but this model would be my choice if I were shopping for one. Don't know what they mean by credit card size as it will not fit in your wallet? :) The thing is packed with features though including 10X optical zoom, included 512 Meg SD card and is hardly larger than a pack of cigarettes. It also seems to take decent still shots.

Check it out on the Panasonic website or do a search using Pricegrabber.

ST

Archived