Buying a truck: Isuzu vs. Toyota ?

hehe, are you serious? ::

Krungthepmahanakorn...err... forgot. It's in the guiness book of world record's for the longest city name in the world!

Krungthep = short form for Bangkok which is used often.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant help you with dealerships I'm afraid as the Isuzu was bought up country (Yasothon) and the Toyota second hand with a trade-in through a crook here in Hua Hin. The Mrs has gone up country for a week or so, so I am borrowing an old (200000kms) Honda Civic. That I dont recommend.

dealers dont have cars in stock as they do back home. I believe all cars have to be ordered and and the paper work has to be filled. Best case would be a week. Yes I picked a popular model and had to wait 3 months for my toyota.

Loodoot just bought a 4 door Toy. sports cruiser . you might want to talk to him about it.

Both the Izuzu and the Toy are solid trucks, when compared to the nissan and mitsubushi. I really like last years model of the sports cruiser but not a great fan of the new Toy D4D. Both are completely made in Thailand.

Here is a hint if the wife wants to get the monk to bless it. Get him to put his pasty fingers under the sun visor not on the middle of the roof!!!

I think you would be happy with both of the trucks. Both are very reliable and have dealers all over thailand if something goes wrong. They are priced about the same. Just take them for a test drive and buy which feels nicer. But both are equal as far as I am concerned.

I think you would be

A friend of my wifes sells Toyotas and will eat about 10000 off of the price. I can get her phone number if you want. Do you still have my mobile number? The dealer was on Lan Luang road down near democrasy monument. But better not let the manager know you know me after I gave a good practice of every thai swear word I know in his office.

Let us know if we can help

Not to anyone in particular, but isn't the Sportrider just another one of those Thai chop jobs? You know where they take the engine and frame from the pickup and build onto it.

I thought I've read that for this reason the Sportrider has much less power than you would expect, as it is carrying a lot more weight.

There are several SUVs lie this in LOS. Anyone know for sure which are which?

I dont think they will sell ones on the spot. Many of the show room ones are ones that have already been sold and waiting for the customer to arrive with the paperwork and money.

I could only find one dealer who would even let me test drive my model. I drove a new car that had a smashed in front quarter panel. I did drive the Sports cruiser though without any hassle.

I know when Stick bought his Honda he could not even test drive a manual edition of the car he bought. According to the dealer they did not have one of them in Bangkok.

It is not a service market!!!!

whosyourdaddy,

Thanks for warning me about trucks being in stock, etc. I'm running out of time here; and, I've got lots of business to wrap up! :banghead:

I don't think I have your number ... the Mrs. usually throws away any phone numbers (yes, she goes through my wallet) that even resemble a number in Thailand! :cussing:

I'm very good friends of the three Murphy brothers in my home town. She knows one personally. A few months back, she was going through my phone book (this is done routinely!) and she came across a number for a "Ming" Murphy ... of course, this immediately aroused suspicion. When she called it, sure enough a 'gal' (actually young and exteremely beautiful) answered in Thai ... she immediately got pissed & tore out the page! :onfire: I'm just praying she doesn't figure out who "Dow" Jones is! :grinyes:

Send me your phone in a PM ... I'll give you a call after I get plenty of 'rest.' :grinyes: A discount, of course I'd appreciate a break ... it would help with the insurance. I do appreciate the offer! :up:

Archived