How do I find a legitimate Thai girlfriend?

Make Thai friends and let them do all the work for you.

You don't have to live in Thailand nor speak the language but it does help out alot.

Now if you are 50 and are looking for a 20yr old then I doubt the abovemethod would work unless your friends are all 20yr olds. Same as in your home country people will hook you up with those near your own age.

Now if you want that young woman and your middle aged then you are better off hunting around those women that are in the tourist related businesses. Bars, restaurants,discos, hotels,etc.

Some guys swear by chat rooms but I find them quite boring.

Easy to "meet" women in Thailand but like women everywhere you still have to know how to talk to them and attract them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent point. Once you have Thai friends, you meet many other as a normal course. Once I had a Thai GF, there was a large number of Thai girls she introduced me to that want a farang BF. Girls of all ages and descriptions. It would be similar if you had Thai friends that were not your GF.

Networking!

NGOs and charity functions are a good way to meet up also.

OK well I'm not in my 50's so i can't speak from your point of view so maybe that is the case. I'm speaking from my experiences both in the states and in LOS. Finding the girl is the easy part keeping her and yourself happy is the hard part. You can read JJshusi post that is basically what i was trying to say but he put it better :) .

Same as in your home country people will hook you up with those near your own age.

---------------------

I do think in Thailand, there is more chance that he may be introduced to a woman a generation (10 to 15 years) younger than him, as the friends will have her welfare in mind too.

He also has to be careful not to be pushed too hard in a relationship he may be happy with, but indecisive about its future. Countless posts on nana show that farangs have a hard time backtracking from a situation where thais are involved. The guys who are "i want her to go, but what can I do?" are numerous in Thailand.

And of course, the main adage: you can't hurry love! The less you look for it, the more likely it may happen. With it as a fixed idea, a recipe for disaster in a trip to Thailand.

well I'm not in my 50's

Neither I :: But IMO it is much easier for me to find a GF in Thailand than back in Europe. This has something to do with what type of girl I look for and what type of man the girls look for.

In Europe young girls look mostly for someone with whom they think to have a lot of fun. In Thailand the young girls are mostly looking for more serious partners.

So the same characteristics that make me a "good" BF in the eyes of TGs make me a "bad" BF in the eyes of farang girls.

And also the way of flirting are different. Here in Europe I just don't know how to flirt, or to come in contact with a girl. In Thailand it works automatically.

Another difference is the typical time constant from the first eye contact till jumping in the bed :o

So depending what character you have it can be much easier or more difficult to find a GF in Thailand than in farangland.

Best regards

Marty,

I met my wife on a match-making web site. Many of those sites are rip-offs, and some of the women on the legit sites may be there to rip men off, but there are women on some of those sites who are legitimately looking for a good husband. I met a number of them, and 1 turned out to be the right one for me.

This is not a recommendation. This approach, like others that have been suggested in this thread, are like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. I also agree with the poster who said, in effect, that the best way to find love is not to look but to let it find you.

But, when one doesn't live in Thailand and visits perhaps only a few weeks each year, one has to do what one can even if it is not the most desireable thing to do.

Regards, JEff

It all started 7 years ago when i first came to Thailand.

i started hanging out in tourist areas such as Silom Villiage which had alot small shops with many beautiful girls working in them. I met a very swayma p-sow working in a silk shop, 10 body and a 7 face (didn't ask her opinion of me because it would be 10 10, he he and more bs) we started dating. Each time we went out she would bring all of her girl friends and they were all lookers.

Will continue my story when i have time.

::

Marty,

There is no best way. Just try as many different venues and places as possible. You will find one you like the most.

Your focus should be trying to learn and be part of the thai fabric (as much as a falang can be) and the rest will take care of itself.

Don't get hung up on "i need to find a gf" as your primary mission. Do things you enjoy and have a purpose in your life and with the sheer number of available women here, you are bound to meet many compatible and similar interests candidates.

Even though one hears some good results on occasion, I have found the cold turkey approach of trying to pick up women the least successful way of meeting compatible people.

Just remember, the supply here is incredible so you can be more selective than back in our western environments. You are calling the shots here and basically in the driver's seat. Now I know why western companies come over here to set up shop. The same economics apply to relationships here as well.....

As i have found that the fun part is the looking and dating aspects of the entire process so far.....

happy hunting and be patient.....

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue

Archived