How to say...

Pharcyde

how to say (to the effect of):"u could get a ride with ur friend when they go to work in the morning, then come to my office."

A girl (22) says "Kow chorp lok (lock) dek laaw?" Obviously kidding, referring to herself, what is the connotation as a 'thai' expression?

What does "mai gaa" mean? As in 'I cannot'?

how to say: "u have nice straight/even teeth."

"khun ja waa phom mai" : is it: "will u hold it against me?"

What does "ab doo/ab mong" mean?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have been busy

Stew said:

what does "lok jit" mean? (or "loch jeet")

'mental disease' literally 'crazy' in other words

what does "pii chai 'deuk' mai?" mean? (referring to his physical appearance i assume?)

Scott (me fucked) no idea

how to say "your money is falling out of ur pocket". (ngern dok gang gang

ngern dok grapao (the Thai word for bag and pocket is the same)

how will Thais interpret "dek tio"?, as in to refer or call someone a "dek tio".

some one who likes to 'go out (at night)' often regarded as a irresponible or bad thing.

"hua laan", i know what it means, but don't know why thais feel a need to tell u? And always with a big laugh. Yes, ha ha, good one shit f

or brains.

Have you tried wearing a hat?

Stew said:

how to say (to the effect of):"u could get a ride with ur friend when they go to work in the morning, then come to my office."

'nung rot gup peuan don chao set laew gor ma ti office pom'

A girl (22) says "Kow chorp lok (lock) dek laaw?" Obviously kidding, referring to herself, what is the connotation as a 'thai' expression?
she likes to tease / flirt / seduce good looking guys (the implication is that once suceesful she then dumps them)

What does "mai gaa" mean? As in 'I cannot'?

'I don't dare...' or 'I can't because I will get into trouble'

how to say: "u have nice straight/even teeth."

'fun trong'

"khun ja waa phom mai" : is it: "will u hold it against me?"
yes or simply 'will you abuse or scold me for it'

wondering about past tense marker 'dai'. I use it then sometimes wonder, depending on the context, if it was understood how I think I intended it. Like:

"Phom mai dai phuut" = I didn't say that? or I don't say that?

"Phom mai dai pai" = I didn't go?

How to say: "I don't know how to say it in Thai"

How to say: "I didn't recognize you"

How to say: "Do you know a good place to eat?"

Again how does the use of 'dai' translate here:

"phom mai dai ruk khun" (I don't love you)or(I didn't love u)?

"mai dai kit arai" (I wasn't thinking anything)?

How to say correctly: "khun mai dai 'show' (sa-daeng?) khun 'care' (ki-tung) phom" (You don't show that u care about me)

"khun chorp lok dek, chai mai?" = u like to tease / flirt / seduce young (girls) (the implication is that once sucessful u then dump them) Is this what would be understood???

"hua laan" - i still have hair! More a 'receding hairline', but why the need to laugh as though it were a 'stigma' indicating an 'inferiority' of some kind? Followed by 'u no have hair - u not handsome, if u have hair -WOW!' ...???

What does "Alai-waa?" mean? When can u say it? It always seems very bad to say unless u r 'close friends'.

How to say: " U just want to have a 'fling'"

Archived