Why is "Very disappointed in Angel Witch" closed ?

torrenova

The Texan (I can't bear to repeat his board name :eek:)whose post prompted the responses displayed good sportsmanship and showed that he didn't take himself as seriously as most of us. I think the thread had some potential for humor for those that didn't already find it funny.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

As I see it, thread went sour because different sides talking about apples, and oranges. Thread was about a bg from NEP go-go, wanting to renegotiate a struck deal, while they are engaged in sex, and punters dissatisfaction with that. Who wouldn't be?

Trouble started when some people started applying given responses, to the total postitution scene, instead of the actual given situation, and subject matter of the thread. It simply went off-topic. If girl the girl was a freelancer, then hey.... different story altogether. Freelancers are a crap shoot. There is no screening process what-so-ever.

Go-go's have strict rules. Punters don't go there to pay 120 baht for a singha, for nothing. They pay the high prices because there are unwritten rules there, and have recourse, if they are broken. If a girl wants to make an agreement to go for a certain price, and then renigs on that often, thus bringing complaints to the owner, she will not be there for long. That cannot be said for many other venues. But thread subject was not about other venues, and that was the source of the problem. IMHO. People were exstending responses given to the actual post/incident, and applying them to the entire prostitution scene in all of LOS. You just can't do that, and remain focused on the subject matter at hand.

I got laughed at because I said some poster should get some experience under his belt, about pulling a girl out of Angelwitch, and what his expectations should be. I don't care if he has never been there, or screwed 1,000,000 Thai women. To have an expectation, that the girls God given right, is to be able to renig on whatever deal was made in the bar, is silly. Is it going to happen? Yea..sure. But to have the reasonable expectation that this is OK, because of the given the nature of the business, is crazy. I just don't buy it.

Just my take on it. :) Mai pen rai....Hey, it's only a chat board. :)

HT

>As I see it, thread went sour because different sides talking about apples, and oranges

No. It wasn't. It was about people who *know* the bar scene, who live here, (and in some cases who are in the bars more nights than not), who *know* the girls and where they come from, *trying* to explain to a bunch of once a year sex tourist what the deal is.

>Go-go's have strict rules. Punters don't go there to pay 120 baht for a singha, for nothing

For goodness sake. You show your unfamiliarity with the way it is with every post. No, they don't. You pay the higher rate for beers cause you can look at tits. Thats IT.

The bar is NOT there to look after your interests, they are there to look after THEIR interests. If you don't get your head around that, you will sure as shooting end up in trouble one day.

-j-

Says HIGH THAIED:

Hi 123mambo,

Wanna elaborate on that?

Go-go's do not have strict rules for the girls?

Share your insight into this.
:)

HT

Sure they have HT :grinyes:

Show up on time or be fined 2 baht a minute. (That includes the Mamasan)

Make sure you get the barfine.

Do your minimum # of barfines (can vary girl to girl) BTW there is no minimum Ladydrinks in AW

Other than that it's all on a Mamasan to girl relationship. More than 70 girls work out of AW. Some get 20 barfines a month .... some get 2. Showgirls get a lot more freedom/leeway than others.

What else do you want to know? :hubba:

People were exstending responses given to the actual post/incident, and applying them to the entire prostitution scene in all of LOS. You just can't do that, and remain focused on the subject matter at hand.

Thanks for your reply.

With all due respect, I think you can apply the incident to the whole farang prostitution game in LOS and how you go about it because, in my opinion, rapport is everything and getting the lowest possible quote doesn't necessarily do much toward that end. Mileage may vary depending upon the personality/looks of the punter/puntee, but the bottom line is expect future problems from a girl who is not happy with the deal she agreed to. Shit happens. Someone in the other thread mentioned "human nature".

We all tend to get too anal about the subject of price, but I wonder how many guys read this board, for information, in quiet desparation, afraid to post knowing their spending habits don't match those prescribed by the vocal majority.

Secondly, what is so important about keeping focused on the subject matter at hand? Who cares (unless you have bandwidth issues or you want to have everything indexed perfectly)? I understand about flames and bad-will and the like, but not the repetitive posts or off-topic business. Isn't this board all about sanuk?

Anyway, it's your board and thanks for reading my rant.

"Punters don't go there to pay 120 baht for a singha, for nothing."

Ya, gotta go with Josh on that, plus one. They charge B120+ so you can see girls in various states of undress (except my fav only charges B80/beer & has nekkid girls). IMHO, really, they charge it because they can. Punters pay it because a beer in a "titty" bar in the States costs $10 (B400) and no chance of getting the girl. Still a bargin for you Stateside guys, plus you might get to go home with one.

Bar's recourse if the girl treats you not as you like? If she is pulling in 20 BFs/100LDs a month, do you *really* think that a bar owner would can her? Maybe make a bit of a show for you (but only if a repeat customer), but that's it. Mr Bar Owner is not going to sack an employee who is making him money. Very simple. Bars are a business and business is about making money.

As others have said, what the girl did may have been dodgy, but not unexpected and the punter set himself up for it. He seems to have accepted that and has learned. Mistakes are how we all learn the best lessons.

Now where did I put those Dracula choppers and my cape? Tonight is Halloween here, The Office, Angel Witch and others have having parties w/free food (always good to get something free out of a bar LOL). I feel the need to bite some necks, fondle some loose women and drink Bloody Marys!

Cheers,

SD

Says HIGH THAIED:

>>>>>What else do you want to know?<<<<<

hahahah. An answer to the original question. Is reniging on original agreement, to be expected, or not?

HT

Of course not HT. But it has nothing to do with AW, or any other place. Part of the reason to close the thread IMO was because it was not an accurate title. It should have been.... what to do when a girl changes her price or something. By the same token it is not unheard of anywhere.

I would have tossed her butt out and seen Mamasan next day. Nothing would have happened to her other than a good tongue lashing and loss of face in front of the other girls.

Would she do it again ......... probably. Many of these girls are not the sharpest turnips off the truck. It's quiet, 1000 baht sounds good at the time, oops.... forgot I need a new phone card ....... see if I can get 500 more.

But IMO anyone who just plays meat market and never gets to know the girls a bit is liable to have these experiences. Maybe that's why it's never happened to me in 20 years.... and others seem to get it frequently.

Archived