Break-In

Sarisin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure where you are from kcd, but if you are from the Delaware Valley (Philly, S. Jersey, Delaware), you know you can get a steak with cheese in many places...like Bangkok, as mentioned. I think even Subway has them now (and, I do like to plug Subway as a fine place to eat - great hours, tasty food, decent prices, and outstanding service - talking the one next to Coffee World/majestic Suites Hotel here).

However, you can only get a cheesesteak in said Delaware Valley. And, I am not talking just Geno's or Pat's. There are dozens of great places that make great cholesterol exploding cheesesteaks. Hell, even the chicken cheesesteaks are pretty good.

The secret IMO is not the meat (although that is important) or the cheese (yeah, a real Philly cheesesteak uses Cheez Whiz, but other cheeses will do too) or the scrumptious fried onions. It is the bread/roll that makes the cheesesteak and that's where the imitators just can't hack it.

Might as well go to a grocery store, buy Steak-Ums and hot dog rolls. :doah:

Sorry for hijacking my own thread here, and I know this is more appropriate in the Food Section. :shhh:

Hi kcd,

I have had three 'tours of duty' in DC and lived in Alexandria, Falls Church, and Lake Ridge/Woodbridge. I am familiar with Jerry's and they make a decent sandwich there - better than anything here iin BKK of that type IMO.

Still, not quite as good as S. Philly. :)

apparently there is a foot&mouth disease problem in thailand now. i'm scheduled for a trip to thailand later this month. this could mean no cream in the coffee or no yogurt drinks, which i consume on a daily basis, not to mention foregoing good cheesesteaks ::

Archived